PRE-ORDER | Pete Rock and CL Smooth – All Souled Out (Vinyl)
As we approach the celebration of Pete Rock and CL Smooth’s classic “All Souled Out” album, Get On Down will re-release the album as a 25th Anniversary gift. Purists and collectors will be delighted to hear that the album will be available on clear vinyl, with original artwork and picture sleeve included. All Souled Out will also be available as a deluxe 2 disc LP, AND an optional bundle will include the 1992 “Mecca & The Soul Brother”
The 1991 classic EP was Pete Rock and CL Smooth’s debut and is credited as being a perfect representation of the early 90’s era that so many of us love. Fans will be excited to own the tracks such as “The Creator” (the only track on the EP where Pete Rock actually raps), along with Go With The Flow and Good Life among others. 25 years after its initial impact, the EP sounds as heavy and essential as ever, and will remind fans how important this duo was to the artform.
Please use the pre-order link above and you can watch my favourite Pete Rock and CL Smooth video (T.R.O.Y) on the YouTube player below.
Category: Upcoming Releases
Making their debut on Hip-Hop Kings are production duo SMI (Streets Made Innovators) with their latest single “Dubz (Jammz Remix)”.
SMI have taken the traditional grime sound and put their own unique stamp on the track. Vandol and Carnage (SMI) record their own live beats and instruments to record their music, and invite guest MC’s and rappers to feature on their tracks.
SMI have announced that their official remix EP will be available from the 25th March 2016. SMI have previously teamed up with the likes of Wiley (One Step Further). With support from key taste makers including Grm Daily, MOBO, Link Up TV and Instagrime, Streets Made Innovators are set for an exciting 2016. They also presented Big Narstie with the Best Grime Act award at the Urban Music Awards in 2014.
Look out for plenty of new music from SMI in the forthcoming weeks and you can listen to Streets Made Innovators – Dubz (Jammz Remix) on the soundcloud player below.
PREVIOUS | Kindered Bay Aim Toward Something Greater
2016 will be an excellent year for Ill Poetic and Definition Music. Kindered Bay will be releasing a short film and EP through Definition Music which is the first major play, following the press release that we posted earlier this year. Kindered Bay are responsible for creating videos for the likes of RJD2, Blueprint and Ill Poetic among others. They take inspiration and cue’s from Bjork to The Gorillaz and have been described as electronic and pink-influenced.
Definition Music are a brand new platform which will provide artists from all arts a platform to showcase their talents. Ill Poetic is the name that is more regularly featured on Hip-Hop Kings. However, we are expecting to see and hear a lot more as we progress through the year. Kindered Bay’s “I Am The Decimal” is the title of the short film amd EP. The five-minute short film will be available from Tuesday 16th February 2016. The EP will serve as a soundtrack to the short film and will also be available on the 16th.
Look out for “I Am The Decimal” which will be available from the 16th February via Definition Music.
Category: Upcoming Releases
PRE-ORDER | Ocean Wisdom – Chaos 93
The UK Hip-Hop world are now very well aware that Ocean Wisdom will be releasing his upcoming album “Chaos 93” on the 22nd of February 2016. We have a brand new video from the High Focus artist titled “High Street”. In typical High Focus Records fashion, the video is gaining traction and is being shared, supported and liked by the Ocean / High Focus fanase. Dirty Dike has produced High Street (as he has with the rest of Chaos93) and video credits go to Aboveground who have done an excellent job on the visuals.
Chaos93 will be Ocean Wisdom’s debut album and feature an exciting list of guest appearances including Lunar C, Klashnekoff, Foreign Beggars, Edward Scissortongue, Jam Baxter, The Four Owls and Remus. As mentioned above, Dirty Dike has exclusively handled production for the album, and it was Dirty Dike who was responsible for the single “Walkin” which starts the album off as track 1 on Chaos 93. Fans can pre-order the album by clicking on the iTunes link listed above, and also viewing the official artwork and track listing here. We’ve also seen an official video for “One Take” which was posted toward the end of January.
You can watch the official video for Ocean Wisdom – High Street on the YouTube player below.
2.Splittin’ The Racket
3.Snakes & Blaggers
5.Gone Feat. Lunar C
6.Devilish Feat. Klashnekoff
7.Doolally Feat. Foreign Beggars
8.Freeze Feat. Dirty Dike & Edward Scissortongue
10.O Kiddi K Feat. Remus
14. 4U Feat. Jam Baxter
15. Real Smooth Feat. The Four Owls
16. W. A. Y. D.
DOWNLOAD | Mike Two – Thoughts of a Beautiful Dream
I’m very excited to share the brand new video from Mike Two for his single “Chamber Music”. Taken from the recent album “Thoughts of a Beautiful Dream”, Chamber Music has been accompanied by an official video which has been uploaded to Infinite Recordings’ official YouTube Page. Mike has teamed up with Lena Carr for the single, and production is handled by the in-form J57 and Optiks. The services of Jemyle Jones has been enlisted for the video work. (FACT – is also Mike Two’s barber!)
Mike Two is currently promoting the latest album “Thoughts of a Beautiful Dream” which can be downloaded from the link listed above. Mike also provided Hip-Hop Kings with an exclusive 25 facts about the album, and mentioned that both him and Mean Joe Scheme wrote the hook for Chamber Music. Make sure you check out the full 25 facts on Thoughts of a Beautiful Dream, and we are hoping for more music to come in the forthcoming months.
You can view the official artwork and track listing for Thoughts of a Beautiful Dream here, along with watching the official video for Mike Two ft Lena Carr – Chamber Music on the YouTube player below.
1 Gold Chalice ft. Mackey (prod. J57)
2 The Louvre ft. Nichelle (prod. Optiks)
3 Come Over (prod. J57 & Optiks)
4 Moonwalker (prod. J57 & Optiks)
5 Vanity (prod. Mike Swoop)
6 The Clean (Prod. Sauce)
7 Two3 ft. Akie Bermiss (prod. Optiks)
8 Lit ft. Koncept (prod. Optiks)
9 Transatlantic ft. Nichelle & Akie Bermiss (prod. J57 & Optiks)
10 Dream Big ft. Terrance Keller (Prod. Optiks)
11 Chamber Music ft. Mean Joe Scheme (Prod. J57 & Optiks)
12 Sunset to Black Renaissance ft. Mean Joe Scheme, Jemyle Jones (prod. Optiks)
13 King Me ft. J57 (Prod. J57)
14 Cloud Talk ft. Jemyle Jones & Matt Stamm (Prod. Seandammit)
15 Princeton (prod. J57)
DOWNLOAD | Entitled (Deluxe Edition) – Torae
This is the brand new video from Torae ft Phonte for the single titled “Clap Shit Up”. This is Tor’s third video from his recently released album “Entitled” which fans can download from the iTunes link listed above. Entitled features guest production from the likes of Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Nottz, Mr Porter and !llmind among others, with guest appearances from Phonte, Pharoahe Monch and others. The album received positive reviews (we wouldn’t expect anything less) from the blogosphere and Hip-Hop publications.
The services of Pixel Motiv were enlisted to handle the filming and editing for “Clap Shit Up” which had fans very excited prior to the release, especially with featuring Phonte who is very highly rated. The video was shot in Torae’s home turn of Coney Island, displaying various landmarks and spots which are close to Tor’s heart. Make sure you check out the videos for “Let Em Know” and “Get Down” (produced by Pete Rock) which are all available on the official YouTube Channel.
You can view the official artwork and tracklisting for “Entitled” here, and also watch the official video for Torae ft Phonte – Clap Shit Up on the YouTube player below.
Imperial Sound (f. Saul Williams) prod. Praise
Get Down prod. Pete Rock
Clap Sh*t Up (f. Phonte) prod. Nottz
Let ‘Em Know prod. Jahlil Beats
Override (f. Jarell Perry) prod. E. Jones
Crown (f. 3D Na’tee) prod. Mr Porter
R.E.A.L. prod. Praise
Coney Island’s Finest prod. Apollo Brown
Troubled Times (f. Mack Wilds) prod. !llmind
Together (f. Kil Ripkin) prod. Praise
Entitled (f. Teedra Moses) prod. Eric G
The eNd prod. MarcNfinit
Shoutro prod. Khrysis
Saturday Night prod. DJ Premier [Bonus]
What’s Love (f. Pharoahe Monch) prod. Praise [Bonus]
DOWNLOAD | Donnie Propa – J Dilla 10 Year Tribute Tape
As the Hip-Hop world knows, it was recently the ten-year anniversary of the passing of J Dilla (RIPDilla). UK Hip-Hop DJ and producer Donnie Propa has released a brand new tribute mixtape titled “J Dilla 10 Year Tribute Tape” which can be downloaded for free. Alternatively, fans can purchase a special “Limited Edition Custard Yellow Cassette Tape” for just £5.00. The two options are available on the bandcamp page above.
Donnie Propa has featured regularly on Hip-Hop Kings throughout the years, with his work on official and un-official projects with the likes of Masta Ace (The Ace Tape) and DJ Premier (THe Premo Takeover Mixtape) among others. He is also known for his work with UK crew Heavy Links, who last featured on the website twoards the later stages of 2015 with the official video for Exit Class, taken from the Heavyweight E.P.
You can view the official artwork and tracklisting for Donnie Propa – J Dilla 10 Year Tribute Tape here.
01 – Its Goin Down
02 – Thought U Wuz Nice (Beat)
03 – Starz
04 – Find A Way (Beat)
05 – Dooinit
06 – Untitled
07 – Fall N Love (Remix)
08 – Untitled
09 – 4 Horsemen
10 – Untitled
11 – The Jam
12 – Make Em NV
13 – Something That Means Something (Beat)
14 – Thelonius
15 – Dont Cry
01 – Get A Hold
02 – Bend Ova
03 – Lets Ride
04 – The Red
05 – Pause (Beat)
06 – Its Like That
07 – Drop (Beat)
08 – Certified
09 – Let The Dolla Circulate
10 – Untitled
11 – Much More
12 – Untitled
13 – Mardi Gras At Midnight
14 – Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check (Remix)
15 – Untitled
16 – Baby (Beat)
17 – So Far To Go (Beat)
18 – Bye
19 – U-Love
20 – Untitled
21 – Untitled
22 – Stop
Category: Free Downloads
DOWNLOAD | Awkword – World View
We have an international collaboration from Awkword titled “I Am”. Guest appearances on the record come from the likes of Modenine, Five Steez, Holstar, Latasha, Alcindor, Third Eye, Wakazi, The Assembly and Maka. In a continual effort to connect us all through Hip-Hop music, in the first time in history, artists from every continent on earth feature on the same album. The single has been uploaded to the official soundcloud page.
Awkword has connected with Nigerian-born Canadian producer Teck-Zilla, Nigerian songstress Maka and French DJ J Hart to recruit an All-Star cast of artists to join him on the “I Am” Global Posse Cut, including Latasha Alcindor (USA), Holstar (Zambia), Wakazi (Tanzania), Five Steez (Jamaica), Modenine (Nigeria), The Assembly (South Africa), and Third Eye (Malawi). Fans can download World View (special bonus disc) on the link listed above.
You can listen to “I Am” on the soundcloud player below.
DOWNLOAD | Britizen Kane – Orson Welles EP
Here are 25 facts about the new Britizen Kane album “Orson Welles EP” which fans can download from the bandcamp link above. Also make sure you follow Britizen Kane on Twitter (@IAmBritizenKane)
Till There’s Nothing Left
1. I originally wrote this track for a freestyle video for B The Movement’s YouTube channel in early 2015.
2. The vocals you can hear at the start of ‘Till There’s Nothing Left’ are actually the final bars on my 2010 mixtape ‘Mine For The Taking’. I LITERALLY wanted to pick up where I left of.
3. This record also includes some of my favourite wordplay I’ve ever written (the whole ‘see his face like Sia’s face’ scheme being my overall favourite!).
Make It Out Alive
4. ‘Make It Out Alive’ is the first track I’ve ever produced that I’ve rapped on as well.
5. The basis of the instrumental and hook line for ‘Make It Out Alive’ came together in about 10 minutes during a phone call with 3D, where I was attempting to do an impression of Future’s rapping style.
Feels Like Fire
6. This record is actually a remix of a Dan Kent produced track by Flexplicit, Kuniva (D12) and Kof which Dan Kent kindly let me drop some verses on.
7. ‘Feels Like Fire’ originally had two completely different verses written for it when I first got given the instrumental in 2013, but I decided to scrap them on the day of the session to record the final take for the EP…so I had to write new ones on the Metrolink en route to Mister’s studio.
8. I had the hook idea for ‘Goldmine’ years before I ever actually had an instrumental to use for it.
9. Two of the verses recorded for this track were reworks of verses originally planned for collaborations with my long time musical family, Mark Waters and Mister.
Listening To Jadakiss
10. Each verse on ‘Listening To Jadakiss’ starts with an opening bar from a track by three rappers who have influenced me the most, (Sway, Tech N9ne & Joe Budden).
11. The instrumental for this track had originally appeared as an instrumental for a freestyle on a promo CD I did in 2011 entitled ‘The Wordplay Manual’.
12. This song was written as one long wordplay scheme in which I included the names of over 40 hip-hop artists/groups.
13. Despite being my favourite producer to work with, this is the only track on the entire EP which Sean Divine produced.
You In I (Feat. Kris Evans)
14. ‘You In I’ was originally written in 2013, and was going to be called ‘As Much As You Deserve’ with McLean providing the chorus. Some of the lyrics I wrote for that track are still present on this final version.
15. I initially sent the track to Legal EyeZ and Kris Evans to see if they knew a male vocalist who could lay a hook down for me. Later than night, Kris emailed me the track back over with his chorus recorded!
Lost My Way
16. ‘Lost My Way’ wasn’t originally going to be included on the EP, and was just recorded as a personal vent.
17. The final song I originally planned was entitled ‘Stockholm Syndrome’, but was left incomplete due to not being able to find a reliable female vocalist for the record.
Other Miscellaneous & Boring Sh!t
18. This is my first full solo project released under the stage name ‘Britizen Kane’ since I retired ‘Bigfoot’ in 2014.
19. 5 out of the 7 songs were originally intended to appear on my 2015 mixtape ‘The Quality Of Life’ which I later scrapped entirely.
20. This EP is my first project that has been co-mixed and recorded by other people as well as myself since 2010. I’m too OCD with my mixes to let anyone else ever touch them!
21. The project’s original title was ‘The Glass Ceiling EP’, in fact, you can hear me reference ‘the glass ceiling’ on several tracks.
22. The project started its life as an EP…then I turned it into a mixtape…then back to an EP…then back to a mixtape…before FINALLY settling on an EP…I think.
23. During the recording sessions for the EPixtape, I laid down 20+ freestyles and remixes to various instrumentals…most of which will probably never see the light of day.
24. This was the first (and hopefully the last!) project I’ve ever part-recorded using Logic… F**K that! Back to Cubase I go…
25. My original idea was to have a single record called ‘Orson Welles’ as a tribute to the actor who wrote and starred in ‘Citizen Kane’, but I eventually decided to name the entire project after him.
The collaboration between Beat Bruisers, Ruste Juxx and Pawz one has resulted in a full length project titled “Def By Stereo”. The good people at Below System Records (home to Masta Ace, JR and PH7) have made the album available to stream from their official soundcloud page. Click on the link above to download directly from iTunes.
The formation of Def By Stereo came naturally, as Suplex (of Beat Bruisers) said “we knew that we wanted to put out an album with emcees that stayed active. We liked what Pawz and Ruste were doing and we connected with them via the internet. The first song we did together was ”Unphuckwitable” and it came out amazing. We didnt consciously intend to make a whole album with that line-up but before we knew it we had a few songs completed and just decided to keep going.”
Def By Stereo is also available to download from iTunes and an official video for Unphuckwitable was released prior to the album release. You can view the official artwork, track listing for “Def By Stereo”, and watch the official video for Unphickwitable on the YouTube player below.
1 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Intro
2 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Def By Stereo
3 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Knock Your Head Off
4 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Unphuckwitable
5 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – How Real Is That
6 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Intermission
7 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Give It Up feat. Dro Pesci
8 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Beast Out The Cage
9 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – LA 2 NY (Director’s Cut) feat. Spit Savage
10 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Now
11 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Count Em Down
12 Beat Bruisers x Ruste Juxx x Pawz One – Outro