Here are 25 exclusive facts about the Verb T and Illinformed album “The Man with the Foggy Eyes”. Make sure you download the album using the iTunes link listed above.
1. Suga Free Inspired the album.
2. The album was made at the same time as my producer album The Mould Tape, Siou Escallon did the art work for both.
3. Leaf dog drew a album cover for it that we rejected, and he spelt the name wrong.
4. The beat for Forgivness is from my first beat tape Weed Money.
5. The album took 2 years to make.
6. All beats were made in my bed room, and the bars were recorded at Chemo’s.
7. The title track was recorded on a different beat originally.
8. Most of the album is made out of old jazz and blues records.
9. We have a ‘part 2’ of the album which was recorded in the same time period coming soon!
10. It was made the same time as Natural Order by The Four Owls.
1. The films ‘king of comedy’ and ‘taxi driver’ influenced me a lot in the making of this album.
2.I wrote lyrics on trians, planes, tour buses and in hotel rooms but the best working space was on my living room floor in the early AM that’s when I had the best ideas.
3. Dirty Dike was meant to be on the album but had a heavy session the night b4 and didn’t make it to the lab. No grudges were held at any time.
4. I recorded more songs for this album than I have on any other album, it was hard to cut the track list down.
5. I am producing albums for both Moreone and Chillman who feature on this album.
6. The cover was inspired by an old movie poster for a movie called the skull, the end result looks very different though.
7. Madlean is the tallest guest on the album, closely followed by fliptrix.
8. The second verse on say it again is a reworking of the first verse from my song where you find me, it’s kind of a self parody too, that’s probably very self indulgent.
9. Some of this album was recorded in the summer and the booth was crazy hot and sweaty, I nearly fainted on one take, I didn’t though, actually I’m not sure how close I was to fainting but I blacked out for like 2 seconds.
10. I recorded most of the bars with my shoes off and my eyes closed.
11. There was a place nearby that does really good stewed chicken with rice and peas for £1.99 that helped me through a few of the longer studio sessions, other times I was bad a bought greasy chicken wings.
12. I ate an average of 2 apples per session.
13. Chemo has subtle backing vocals on about 3 or 4 songs, between that and reading the Crystal Palace fan forums non stop he was very active. Also he did kinda mix and master it all I guess.
14. The video for first stone by above ground consists of footage mixed with thousands of photos it was easy to film, but not to edit I’m sure.
15. I was going to do a joke country version of the album but realised that was incredibly long so I just did one skit at the very end.
The UK Hip-Hop world was introduced to Ocean Wisdom with his video “Walkin” which was produced by Dirty Dike. The quick-fire lyricist is back, once again with Dirty Dike, presenting the visuals to his single “Splittin The Racket”. With Dirty Dike production, fans highly anticipated the new single, which also comes along with news about Ocean Wisdom’s debut High Focus album “Chaos 93” which will be available later in 2015. You can watch the brand new video from Ocean Wisdom – Splittin The Racket on the YouTube player below.
To celebrate #HighFocusDay we are delighted to share the news that Dirty Dike has announced a new album which is titled “Sucking on Prawns in the Moonlight”. Two years after his last album, Dirty Dike returns with the new album which will be available on the 21st of September 2015, via CD, double vinyl (limited edition run) and digital. If that wasn’t enough, Dirty Dike will also be touring with Verb T and Illinformed as they celebrate the upcoming release of “The Man with the Foggy Eyes”. So we have the official artwork and track listing for Dirty Dike – Sucking on Prawns in the Moonlight, along with the list of UK tour dates below.
Dirty Dike – Sucking on Prawns in the Moonlight Track Listing
1. Great Attempt Feat. Fliptrix
2. Alcoholic Tosser
3. I Ain’t Got A Clue
4. Mallory & Josephine
5. Isleham Swamp
6. The Lamb Shank Intermission
8. Takeover Feat. Remus
9. Paper Tigers Feat. Chester P & Verb T
10. Me & You Feat. Jam Baxter
11. Crystal Cindy
13. Hold My Hands
14. Posse Gang Eight Million Feat. Remus, Ocean Wisdom, Jam Baxter, Lee Scott & Dabbla
Dirty Dike x Verb T x Illinformed UK Tour Dates 2015
7.10.15 – Southampton – Junk
8.10.15 – Bristol – Motion
10.10.15 – Brighton – Concorde 2
14.10.15 – Nottingham – Rescue Rooms
15.10.15 – Liverpool – 24 Kitchen Street
16.10.15 – Leeds – Beaver Works
17.10.15 – Manchester – Gorilla
PREVIOUS | Kinetik – Whole Life Ahead of Me
One of my favourite UK rappers called Kinetik has been featured on Hip-Hop Kings a number of times over the years, so I’m delighted to share a brand new video which was released today. Working with his partner in rhyme (Imperial, who I’m also a huge fan of) the pair were captured by BBC Introducting, performing at the Secret Garden Party 2015). Imperial and Kinetik drop Memory Lane and add a special ending to the track as well. You can watch the Imperial and Kinetik – Memory Lane Pt1 and Pt2 (Live) video on the YouTube player below.
PREVIOUS | Prof – Farout
Rhymesayers artist Prof has dropped the visuals for his single “Ghost”. Prof teams up with the infamous Tech N9ne for the track, which is taken from the upcoming album “Liability” which is Prof’s debut album on the Rhymesayers label. The release date for Liability is the 16th of October 2015, and producers include Ant (Atmosphere) and Aesop Rock among others, with guest appearances from Tech N9ne, Waka Flocka Flame and Petey Pablo. Look out for plenty of new music and news from Prof ahead of the Liability release. However, you can watch the new video for Prof ft Tech N9ne – Ghost on the YouTube player below.
While the AR15 project is wrapped up and ready to go, the lid is being kept on the project with the exception of a very few select tracks. The AR15 project “Concrete Jungle” 16 track project is out later this year, and I wanted to share the single “Helpless”. AR15 features over 50 artists, and Helpless boasts an impressive line-up with Wretch 32, Devlin and Swiss all delivering excellent verses, with the vocals of Rebecca Garton complimenting the track with her hook. Look out for more updates on AR15 – Concrete Jungle as it arrives. However, you can listen to AR15 ft Wretch 32, Devlin, Rebecca Garton and Swiss – Helpless on the soundcloud player below.
DOWNLOAD | Grizzly Gato – While You Were Sleeping
Weiners from Grizzly Gato is the third single from the upcoming album “While You Were Sleeping” which can be downloaded from the link listed above. Grizzly Gato recently did an exclusive 25 Facts About While You Were Sleeping which was uploaded to the website earlier this week, which you can read on the link listed above. Make sure you download Grizzly Gato’s “While You Were Sleeping” and enjoy watching the video for the single “Weiners” on the YouTube player below.
Following his acoustic cover of Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen” last week, Kritikal Powers returns with another acoustic cover, this time from Swedish House Mafia’s “Don’t You Worry Child”. Kritikal Powers has a gofundme running for his upcoming E.P “Liberation” which is nearing closer to reaching the target goal. Please support the EP release by donating from the link listed above. You can listen to Kritikal Powers – Don’t You Worry Child (Acoustic Cover) on the soundcloud player below.
PRE-ORDER | Tom Robinson – Only The Now
Swami Baracus made an incredible announcement earlier this week. The UK rapper has recorded a verse for Tom Robinson’s upcoming album “Only The Now”, and has teamed up with non-other than the legendary Sir Ian McKellen. Why you ask? So did I. But Swami Baracus and Sir Ian McKellen will team up on Holy Smoke which we hope to hear in the very near future. We have some behind the scenes footage of both Swami Baracus and Sir Ian McKellen recording their parts for the track. Please pre-order the new “Only The Now” album from Tom Robinson on the link above and you can watch the Swami Baracus – Holy Smoke (Behind the Scenes) video on the YouTube player below.
DOWNLOAD | The Age of L.U.N.A – Live Under No Authority
I’m pleased to share a sick new video from “The Age of L.U.N.A” for the single “Memory Lane”. The video is taken from The Age of L.U.N.A’s mixtape (Live Under No Authority) which can be downloaded from the link listed above. The video for “Memory Lane” has gained excellent reviews from the likes of Complex, Noisey and Wordplay Magazine. Please support The Age of L.U.N.A by downloading the mixtape from the link above, and you can watch Memory Lane on the YouTube player below.