DOWNLOAD | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
As we approach the release of Matt Maddox’s new album “Righteous Fury”, here are 25 Facts about the project that fans might not be aware of. Please support the release by pre-ordering from the Amazon link listed above.
1. RF was recorded in two very different locations. A) My bedroom. B) Chop Shop Studios, PA. (S/O STWB)
2. RF was originally planned to be a double cd release, with about 28 tracks.
3. RF artwork was planned on intricately for years, with an old death metal type influence for the basis.
4. I was mostly inspired by anger and discontent with my current situation.
5. It’d sometimes take up to a few weeks to complete a song.
6. I try to use a single DJ for all the cuts on all of my albums so far.
7. I don’t usually listen to outside music (music other than what I’m working on) very much during the process of making an album.
8. I had to work on toning down my aggressive approach.
9. This record is my most personal work.
10. Some of these tracks have been written for over a year before seeing the studio
11. I suffered a burst appendix while in the UK last tour and still continued the tour without medical attention (for 4 months). All during the course of constructing RF.
12. I’ve actually toured Europe/UK three times during the making of RF. Spain, Las Palmas, France, Italy, Rotterdam, UK.
13. I got a tattoo (my microphone), at the venue, just before my set in Quakertown, once.
14. Producer Skammadix has the majority of the beats on this album. He and I are going to be working on some new shit soon.
15. The last song that I wrote (on a plane) for the album was A Time To Kill, which turned out to be the first one I recorded after arriving at Chop Shop.
16. I have some tracks that didn’t make the record, that will still see the light of day.
17. This album covers a wide range of sounds, topics, and approaches.
18. The entire album was mixed, and mastered by Stress The White Boy in a very cool time frame.
19. The pieces to this puzzle were literally being placed until Due Date. It was a crazy ride.
20. The video for BARbarians was shot in Brooklyn, NY. I flew from Kansas, the director and Born Unique came from VA, Godilla let me stay with him and drove from Easton and UG met us there.
21. I obsess over my music and listen over and over again, picking it apart. I’m my own worst critic for sure.
22. This album has 1 interlude, that was actually a sample in the beginning of the Sick N Tired track. I was however advised to make it a separate interlude, by my little brother. It was a genius recommendation.
23. I’ve booked several gigs and tours through Facebook.
24. I had to let some beats and concepts I had go, in order to make a more cohesive album.
25. I went through some very real life during the making if this record, and it will definitely translate to the listener.