RELATED | Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer
In a near future in which a hive-like alien race, called Mimics, have hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, shredding great cities to rubble and leaving millions of human casualties in their wake. No army in the world can match the speed, brutality or seeming prescience of the weaponized Mimic fighters or their telepathic commanders. But now the worlds armies have joined forces for a last stand offensive against the alien horde, with no second chances.
Lt. Col. Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and then dropped untrained and ill-equipped into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an Alpha down with him. But, impossibly, he awakens back at the beginning of the same hellish day, and is forced to fight and die again and again. Direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.
Exactly 17 years ago today, Christopher Wallace (aka Biggie Smalls aka Frank White aka Big Poppa aka Notorious B.I.G) passed away, and Hip-Hop Kings celebrates the life of the East Coast MC. Widely regarded as one of the most lyrically and technically gifted rappers ever, at 24 years old Biggie Smalls was shot and killed at the age of 24. His critically acclaimed albums Life after Death and Ready to Die are still in regular rotation in millions of fans’ playlists and CD players, and I wanted to share some of my favourite Notorious B.I.G tracks with the Hip-Hop Kings audience. Continue to live his legacy. R.I.P Notorious B.I.G.
by David Bosworth @boz_worth
Since the success of break-out series Breaking Bad, Aaron Paul has been an ever increasing name on people’s lips(much like the crystal meth in Breaking bad). Amassing a huge online following rivalling the likes of Justin(Cry) Beiby, Aaron has managed to ride the crest of this fame with a smile and a personality that seems to win everyone over.
Need for Speed is the movie-ish loosely based hit game series adaptation of the same name. If you haven’t played or heard of Need for Speed, you need to go outside and get some daylight as you’ve been living under a rock too damn long.
The original Sin City what somewhat of a classic. Difficult to argue but how do you top such an excellent movie? We’ve got the first official trailer (Booze, Broads and Bullets Trailer) for Sin City – A Dame to Kill. The familiar faces of Jessica Alba,Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson. We also welcome Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the new movie. The trailer has done an excellent job of creating further excitement following the original news of the sequel last year. August 22nd is the official release date, and you can watch the Sin City – A Dame to Kill For (Booze, Broads and Bullets Trailer) below.
Lets take a look at the brand new trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Fans were treated to a sneak preview at the Superbowl, but the extended 2:30 trailer confirms the release date of June 27th and provides an extra insight into the excellent graphics and our favourite Transformers and Decepticons are set to dual to protect planet earth. I’ve rambled enough – enjoy the brand new Transformers: Age of Extinction Official Trailer #1 below.
PRE-ORDER | inFAMOUS Second Son
Playstation have presented the brand new “inFAMOUS Second Son” TV Advert which continues to raise excitement prior to the game release this month. Playstation recently announced that over 6 million PS4′s have been sold worldwide, and inFAMOUS Second Son is one of the leading contributors towards that figure. The new TV advert contains gameplay footage of lead character Delsin Rowe, who throughout the game discovers his superpower and fights back against the dictatorship of the Department of Unified Protection. You can pre-order inFAMOUS Second Son from the link listed above. However, you can watch the “inFAMOUS Second Son” TV Advert on the YouTube player below.
Be the Batman.
In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever. Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City.
Back once again the Golden Era team have not disappointed, with yet another free mixtape from the whole squad and then some.
This one features a lot more of Briggs and K21 than the previous tapes, but I’m assuming that is down to K21 being settled in on the label now and Briggs has his Sheplife album coming shortly. It also makes more reference to video games and green than the others but all this means is that the resident DJ’s have made some awesome beats featuring some 16 bit noises here and there, oh and the original Duke Nukem features on one of the tracks. This for me is why they are one of my favourite labels out at the minute, all their music features good vibes and intends to bring good times, there is never any talk about issues with other rappers or problems they may have, except pointing out that all rappers need to drop the ‘American accent’ which I agree with entirely.
There is as always a GE Cypher to play the tape out which features one of the best instrumentals I have ever heard, the video below will show you exactly what I mean, just find that little piano piece that’s in the background.
It is a great preview of what is to come from the Golden Era label in the next year and by the sounds of these previews it is going to be a heavy year, featuring around 4 albums I think all of which I am getting at the first possible opportunity and implore you to do the same.
If you have read this much into the review and haven’t yet copped the free mixtape please click the link and go get it, it is a quality tape that could show you some artists you don’t yet know are out there, or at the very least give you some good tunes to play through, at the end of the day guys its free what could go wrong?!
On the link for the download there is also another free tape on there courtesy of Golden Era called Briggs & Friends, again massive props for this one and fully worth the FREE download!
EXCLUSIVE | Mega Ran and K-Murdock HHK Interview
HHK Favourite Mega Ran has released the video for his latest single “The Dance (No Sleep)”. Famous for his video game work (Black Materia / Forever Famicom / Castlevania etc), Mega Ran spoke with HHK in an exclusive interview last year following the release of his “TRAP E.P” and highlighted a potential switch in musical direction. You can check out previous Mega Ran music on the links above. However, you can watch Mega Ran – The Dance (No Sleep) on the YouTube player below.
DOWNLOAD | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
As we approach the release of Matt Maddox’s new album “Righteous Fury”, here are 25 Facts about the project that fans might not be aware of. Please support the release by pre-ordering from the Amazon link listed above.
1. RF was recorded in two very different locations. A) My bedroom. B) Chop Shop Studios, PA. (S/O STWB)
2. RF was originally planned to be a double cd release, with about 28 tracks.
3. RF artwork was planned on intricately for years, with an old death metal type influence for the basis.
4. I was mostly inspired by anger and discontent with my current situation.
5. It’d sometimes take up to a few weeks to complete a song.
6. I try to use a single DJ for all the cuts on all of my albums so far.
7. I don’t usually listen to outside music (music other than what I’m working on) very much during the process of making an album.
8. I had to work on toning down my aggressive approach.
9. This record is my most personal work.
10. Some of these tracks have been written for over a year before seeing the studio
11. I suffered a burst appendix while in the UK last tour and still continued the tour without medical attention (for 4 months). All during the course of constructing RF.
12. I’ve actually toured Europe/UK three times during the making of RF. Spain, Las Palmas, France, Italy, Rotterdam, UK.
13. I got a tattoo (my microphone), at the venue, just before my set in Quakertown, once.
14. Producer Skammadix has the majority of the beats on this album. He and I are going to be working on some new shit soon.
15. The last song that I wrote (on a plane) for the album was A Time To Kill, which turned out to be the first one I recorded after arriving at Chop Shop.
16. I have some tracks that didn’t make the record, that will still see the light of day.
17. This album covers a wide range of sounds, topics, and approaches.
18. The entire album was mixed, and mastered by Stress The White Boy in a very cool time frame.
19. The pieces to this puzzle were literally being placed until Due Date. It was a crazy ride.
20. The video for BARbarians was shot in Brooklyn, NY. I flew from Kansas, the director and Born Unique came from VA, Godilla let me stay with him and drove from Easton and UG met us there.
21. I obsess over my music and listen over and over again, picking it apart. I’m my own worst critic for sure.
22. This album has 1 interlude, that was actually a sample in the beginning of the Sick N Tired track. I was however advised to make it a separate interlude, by my little brother. It was a genius recommendation.
23. I’ve booked several gigs and tours through Facebook.
24. I had to let some beats and concepts I had go, in order to make a more cohesive album.
25. I went through some very real life during the making if this record, and it will definitely translate to the listener.