Fourteen hundred years ago, a tormented soul walked the earth that was neither man nor God. Hercules was the powerful son of the god king Zeus, for this he received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labours and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. These men and women never question where they go to fight or why or whom, just how much they will be paid. Now the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. It is time for this bunch of lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen when they must train an army to become as ruthless and blood thirsty as their reputation has become. You can watch the Hercules – Official Teaser Trailer on the YouTube player below.
PREVIOUS | Big Picture – X-Men Days of Future Past
We have the second official trailer from the upcoming movie “X-Men Days of Future Past” which was released today through 20th Century Fox UK’s YouTube channel. The 2:29 trailer gives a further insight into the new Marvel movie, which shows enemies Magneto and Professor Charles Xavier teaming up against a new enemy. The movie will be in UK cinemas on May 22nd, and check out the previous HHK article “Big Picture | X-Men Days of Future Past” on the link above. You can watch the X-Men Days of Future Past Trailer #2 on the YouTube player below.
We’re gearing up for the release of Iron Braydz’s next project “Verbal sWARdz” on 14th April 2014. Here’s an exclusive “25 Facts About Iron Braydz – Verbal sWARdz” which is a great insight into the project. You’ll be able to download Verbal sWARdz from Braydz’s Official Bandcamp Page.
1. Verbal sWARdz has three tracks I already put out in the course of a few years that passed (Firey Read in 2011, Dobermans and Scorpion Sting).
2. Dobermans featuring Phat Kat has already got a video on my YouTube channel shot by Sinikle.
3. Firey Red featuring Sean Price got a lot of Coverage especially from 2dopeboys and NahRight.
4. Dobermans and Firey Red were both originally meant to go on the SLUGGA album which I haven’t recorded yet.
5. During the course of recording some more tracks for the EP, I, Phat Kat and Agor (producer of Dobermans) had agreed to do an EP together.
6. The verse on Verbal sWARdz (the title track) was originally written for the EP with Phat Kat and Agor.
7. Dedd wasn’t originally called that, realised I had lost my lyrics when I got on the train before going to Chemo’s to record and out of frustration I wrote Dredd before I got there.
8. All my beats were made on Reason 5 on my laptop with a pair of Zenheiser headphones.
9. Rambo was for a project called Chimera that was devised by fellow Triple Darkness member Solar Black. The line-up was Skiblah, Black Crypton, Solar Black and my self.
10. I ended up using it on the EP because everyone’s schedules were hectic.
11. Scorpion Sting was inspired by “the House of Flying Daggers” on Raekwon’s OB4CL 2.
12. My verse on Crowbar Head topper was influenced by how I felt when English Frank made the comment about the security guard being African. I know he apologised for what he said and done, however it still offended me at the time and I can sincerely say I have no issues with him.
13. The first part of my verse on Crowbar Head Topper was a true story, happened a long time ago.
14. The beat I created for Fiery Red was a remix of a beat Chemo made for me some years back.
15. The intro to V.S was taken from Thundering Mantis, one of my all time favourite classics. I also felt that part of the movie represents how I feel. It almost feels like the black community is being laughed at right now in the height of recent and current events to do with some of the racial tension that’s building up in London (and worldwide), but no many people seem to want to talk about it. Bryan Leungs outburst just before Scorpion Sting kicks in is the full representation of the project. An outburst of facts, feelings, perspectives and opinions.
16. Millennium was the most difficult lyric for me to write because of its intricacies and alignment of words. Plus I had the pleasurable pressure of making sure my verses were up to par with the big brother Po.
17. The artwork for V.S was done in 2010, but it was finalised last year.
18. Verbal sWARdz drops the exact same time Triple Darkness had made me an Official member 14.4.14.
19. Just before I finished recording the EP I had made a cameo in my first movie (Night Bus).
20. Crowbar Head Topper is also on Ray Vendetta and Solar Blacks releases.
21. My daughter stayed up with me while I finished making the beat for Scorpion Sting.
22. I wasn’t going to put the EP out at one point, because I was done with music for a while and it made no sense to me until Cyrus Malachi and M9 had words with me.
23. Jehst was present in my recording session and he lost his marbles when he’d heard the Rambo and Scorpion Sting instrumentals, He was also surprised when he found out I made them. That shit was funny as hell.
24. Dave Pyster who created my custom swords was also the inspiration for me choosing the title of the EP.
25. This project is dedicated to my good friend Natty and Ricky Bishop who both passed away due to police brutality.
Games/matches/fights can be won or lost in a single moment. Thanks to ESPN we have footage of six extremely unlucky sports moments. The sports involved are ten-pin bowling, basketball, football (x2), ice hockey and poker. The chances of these events ever repeating themselves are highly unlikely, but it’s definitely worth the watch. You can watch the video for ESPN Presents – 6 Extremely Unlucky Sports Moments below.
Virtual Reality (VR) gaming took another step closer to commercial release today as Sony announced updates, and a picture, of Project Morpheus. The system will undoubtedly take fans to the next level of gaming, and the focus is on presence, enabling the player to feel as though they’re physically inside the virtual world of a game. Morpheus features a visor-style, head mounted display and will work with the Playstation camera. Internal sensors are built into the head mount and the camera will track head orientation and movement so as the player’s head rotates, the image of the virtual world rotates naturally. You can view the first picture of Morpheus here.
Thanks to ABC and Marvel Entertainment, we have some great concept pictures from the upcoming movies Avengers: Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy. Anticipation for both movies is incredibly high, particularly the sequel to the Avengers movie which became the third highest grossed film ever at $1.51 billion. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released on the 1st of May 2015, and Guardians of the Galaxy will be in cinemas on the 1st August 2014. You can take a look at the Artwork from Avengers: Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy below.
PREVIOUS | Shotty Horroh vs Blizzard (via Copa90)
HHK fans will remember the Manchester rap battle between Shotty Horroh (City) and Blizzard (
scum United) featured by Copa90. The latest video from the football specialists feature a north London derby between Tottenham (Tony D) and Arsenal (Locksmyth). HHK fans will be aware of “The Tone and Smyth” show, and recognise that both artists are prominent UK Hip-Hop artists. At the end of the video fans get the chance to select who won, so make sure you comment to share your thoughts. You can watch Tottenham (Tony D) vs Arsenal (Locksmyth) Rap Battle @ Copa 90 below.
PURCHASE | The Last of Us
RELATED | Playstation Sales Surpass 4.2 Million
Winning a host of awards for Best Game, Story, Audio Achievement, Action and Adventure and Performer Awards, The Last of Us was the biggest winner in the recent “British Academy Games Awards”. Held in London and hosted by comedian Dara O’Briain, Tobacco Wharf was the host of celebration of the Playstation exclusive and another accolade for Santa Monica based “Naughty Dog”. Nominated for ten awards at the BAGA, The Last of Us walked away with five of those including the most prestigious “Best Game 2014″ award. Fans can purchase The Last of Us from the link above and watch the official “Making of The Last of Us” below.
RELATED | Mayweather vs Alvarez Pre-Fight Stats
In an attempt to promote a rematch at Wembley Stadium, Sky Sports were filming a face-to-face between Carl Froch and George Groves. Footage has been released of Froch pushing Groves and then a war of words between the two fighters. It’s no secret there’s bad blood between the two fighters, and fans are anticipating a rematch after Groves dominated the previous encounter before the referee stopping the fight in the ninth round. You can watch the Froch and Groves video below.
PREVIOUS | Edge of Tomorrow Trailer #1
This is the official Red Band Trailer for the upcoming movie “A Million Ways To Die In The West”. As a cowardly farmer (Seth MacFarlane) begins to fall for the mysterious new woman in town (Charlize Theron), he must put his new found courage to the test when her husband, a notorious gun slinger (Liam Neeson) announces his arrival. Starring the above mentioned stars, fans are already comparing “A Million Ways To Die In The West” to Ted, Seth Macfarlane’s previous successful movie. Which do you think will be better? You can watch the A Million Ways To Die In The West – Red Band Trailer #1 below.