Following the success of our “25 Facts” series, we’re delighted to share our second in the series from an American artist, this time from Kid Vishis for his upcoming album “Timing is Everything”. Kid Vishis gives fans 25 facts about the album (kind of) which fans won’t find out about in interviews or online. You can check the previous 25 facts articles on the links above, and look out for plenty of more promotion from Kid Vishis as we lead up to the release of Timing is Everything, which will be available to download from the 22nd July through Seven 13 Entertainment.
1. This album is the beginning of many to come *hint hint* Another album this year
2. Kid Vishis is a big boxing and MMA fan
3. This album is the start of my momentum and the growth of Kid Vishis as a Mc
4. Kid Vishis writes All of Royces lyrics lol!
5. The artwork for T.I.E was done by a genius named Bambo Slice
6. My favorite producer in the rap game gave me two beats for this project (Mr Porter)
7. Chase Moore did like half the album because he is a machine and kept sending heat so I kept killin em
8. I don’t have a best friend, I only hang with my brothers. Mad associates tho lol.
9. The character “Billy Hoyle” from the movie “White Men Cant Jump” is really Toy B from Seven13 Music
10. My brother Royce da 5’9″ is my only feature for the album
11. I think Monster energy should sponsor me
12. My favorite rappers to spar with besides my brother is Horseshoe Gang
13. Nick Zervos from Toronto sent over a few beats but I never got past the first and my intro was born
14. The producer Nemisis is not a person, he is a machine that is programmed to make beats
15. Jon Jones is my favorite MMA fighter and Floyd Mayweather is my favorite boxer even tho Tony B hates on him
16. The only other vocal besides Royce on my album is my wife Lulu Dahl doing background vocals
17. I was liquor free the whole album, I only drank Monster energy drink
18. I thought I would make it to the NBA before I ever picked up a pen
19. I believe Tony B is the young Albert Einstein of our generation
20. I will not be dropping a mixtape, I will be droppin a mix-album, all originals
21. I went to the studio with my brother about two months ago, I saw Eminem and he shook my hand and I have not been able to stop writing since. Smh. I think the big homey gave me power
22. Message to the Mcs ” All you sons of bitches is sons of Vishis”
23. I was and still am to this day addicted to the carrot cake from the restaurant J Alexander
24. If you press play on the first track of my album, you wont skip a track unless youre a chump that is..
25. Without the producers on this album, Royce and Tony B, oh yeah and Eminem’s handshake lol, my powers might not have been heightened to the levels that they are today
written by Adam Darbyshire
Last week Jurassic 5 released a nice little preview into their up coming music catalogue.
Alongside a UK and European tour taking place over the next few months this new video shows they still have the passion and creativity needed to hold one of the crowns for the hip hop game.
You can see their new track in the Youtube player below and all the dates, along with ticket links, are available on their website
Previous | The Patrol Review
By Joe Langham | @J0eLang92
This year marks 10 years since one of the most talented cyclists of recent times, Marco Pantani, tragically passed away. However, he managed to complete some amazing achievements in his short life that have ensured his name is carved into sporting history books for many years to come.
Many cycling fans will have noticed this year’s Giro d’Italia is a little different, what with an especially gruelling climb that has been specially selected for the route this year as well as some symbolic summit finishes. Those who know of Pantani will know that these types of climbs were his forte and so will understand the significance of these locations, which are: Monte Carpegna, Oropa and Montecampione. Monte Carpegna was one of Pantani’s favourite training climb with the latter marking the locations of his two most famous victories.
In 1998 Marco Pantani, the most flamboyant and popular cyclist of his era, won both the Tour de France and Giro d’Italia. This Herculean feat of physical and mental endurance has never since been repeated. During a time when doping scandals threatened to destroy a sport adored by many, Pantani offered hope to millions and was seen as a saviour. However, this heroism was short lived as merely six years later; the young Pantani was found dead in a cheap Italian hotel, apparently from acute cocaine poisoning, at the young age of 34.
Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist is a unique and compelling story of one man taking on the mountains, an athlete’s battle against addiction, set against the dramatic and beautiful background of the Alps during the Tour de France.
Pantani’s life is retold both personally and professionally predominantly through his mother and Sir Bradley Wiggins. Other contributors include fellow cyclists and competitors such as Greg LeMond and Piotr Ugrumov. The stories told by these people will put you on an emotional rollercoaster, with tales to make you laugh, cry, be amazed and shocked and everything in-between.
These recollections of his life are illustrated with some beautiful scenery which offers a romanticised vision of what life on the road must be like for the athletes during long distance races such as the Tour de France and Giro d’Italia. Some of the landscape shots are utterly stunning, leaving you fighting back the urge to get on your bike and visit some of the locations in which the film was shot.
Pantanti offers a great insight into the life of a legend, from his childhood up until his last months on earth and will intrigue not just cycling fans and enthusiasts but those not interested in the sport too.
Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist is directed by Emmy-nominated film-maker James Erskine, whose work includes One Night in Turin (2010), From the Ashes (2011) as well as numerous episodes of hit TV dramas including Torchwood, Robin Hood and Waterloo Road.
PANTANI: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist is out now, released in the UK by Soda Pictures. A New Black Films production in association with 4 Rights and Media Squared Films.
PREVIOUS | deM atlaS – F=rankln
Hip-Hop Kings fans will recall that last month I posted a track from the latest Rhymesayers artist to join their roster, deM atlaS, with his single F=rankln. deM atlaS returns with a new video for his single “All We Got” which is labelled as deM atlaS’ official first single on the label. Credits to EJ Films for directing and editing the video, and deM atlaS is credited for writing and co-producing the single as well. Use the hashtag #AllWeGot to join the conversation and remember to @HHKMag and @deMatlaS as well. You can watch the new video from deM atlaS – All We Got on the YouTube player below.
Brown Bag AllStars producer and rapper Audible Doctor presents a brand new remix for the Phantogram track “Fall in Love”. As always, Audible Doctor puts his own stamp on the remix which has received support from the blogosphere in typical fashion. The Audible Doctor has been quoted saying “When I first heard Phantogram’s “Fall In Love” I thought it was beautiful. From the vocals, to the production, everything was just beautiful…so naturally I had to destroy it.”. You can listen to Phantogram – Fall in Love (Audible Doctor Remix) on the soundcloud player below.
PREVIOUS | Visual – You (Behind the Scenes)
Representing Chicago, Visual presents the video for the single “You”. Hip-Hop Kings posted the track in April, and some behind the scenes footage later that month. Now the video has been uploaded to YouTube, blogs across the world are supporting “You” which has been produced by Loose Cannon. Visual has also told fans that the upcoming E.P “Supreme Science” is available this summer, and of course we’ll be posting further updates as we await the release. You can watch the new video from Visual – You on the YouTube player below.
DOWNLOAD | Mission – Single – Lupe Fiasco
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything from Lupe Fiasco (with the exception of that song with Ed Sheeran) but we have a brand new track from Lupe titled “Mission”. The single is taken from Lupe Fiasco’s forthcoming album “Testuo and Youth” which is expected to be released later this year. Lupe Fiasco steers the content of the song towards cancer, and the start is a tribute to those who have survived. Lupe Fiasco endorses http://www.standup2cancer.org and plenty of other collaborations are to be planned as we progress through 2014. You can watch Lupe Fiasco – Mission on the YouTube player below.
Dmo returns to the HHK forefront with the video to his single “A Musician’s Ode”. With creativity oozing from both the lyrics and visuals, Dmo has impressed at HHK and continues to release high quality entertainment for his new, and existing fans. A Musician’s Ode is exactly that, an inspirational message and an appreciation for lyricism and true-school music. Feel free to check out the previous Dmo music posted on Hip-Hop Kings (link listed above) and you can watch Dmo – A Musician’s Ode on the YouTube player below.
DOWNLOAD | Omar Teknology – Ruff Mix Lost Trip 2
Presenting his brand new mixtape is Omar Teknology with the “Ruff Mix Lost Trip 2″ project. Available for just £5.00 from his official bandcamp page for the limited edition CD version (link above), or a “name your price” option for the digital download, Omar Teknology gives fans eight instrumentals which are fully self-produced, and follow from the previous “Ruff Mix Lost Trip” project. You can view the artwork, download link and track listing for Omar Teknology – Ruff Mix Lost Trip 2 here.
2. Cronx Playa Suite
3. Eyes Of The Dark
4. Hobo Funk
5. I Work Wonders (Interlude)
6. Musical Yoga
7. Touching Whispers
8. Melodic Tender
Category: Free Downloads
PREVIOUS | Tragedy Tha Beast – Nautilus Chop Freestyle
Being from the city of Chicago comes great responsibility. Notorious around the world for its serious gun crime problem, Tragedy Tha Beast addresses the devaluation of life with his latest single “Value of Life”. Tragedy Tha Beast has taken to a Tae Beast beat from his 2012 project “The Tae Beast Tape Vol.2″ and puts his own unique stamp on the record. You can listen to Tragedy Tha Beast – Value of Life on the audio player below.