DOWNLOAD | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
As we approach the release of Matt Maddox’s new album “Righteous Fury”, here are 25 Facts about the project that fans might not be aware of. Please support the release by pre-ordering from the Amazon link listed above.
1. RF was recorded in two very different locations. A) My bedroom. B) Chop Shop Studios, PA. (S/O STWB)
2. RF was originally planned to be a double cd release, with about 28 tracks.
3. RF artwork was planned on intricately for years, with an old death metal type influence for the basis.
4. I was mostly inspired by anger and discontent with my current situation.
5. It’d sometimes take up to a few weeks to complete a song.
6. I try to use a single DJ for all the cuts on all of my albums so far.
7. I don’t usually listen to outside music (music other than what I’m working on) very much during the process of making an album.
8. I had to work on toning down my aggressive approach.
9. This record is my most personal work.
10. Some of these tracks have been written for over a year before seeing the studio
11. I suffered a burst appendix while in the UK last tour and still continued the tour without medical attention (for 4 months). All during the course of constructing RF.
12. I’ve actually toured Europe/UK three times during the making of RF. Spain, Las Palmas, France, Italy, Rotterdam, UK.
13. I got a tattoo (my microphone), at the venue, just before my set in Quakertown, once.
14. Producer Skammadix has the majority of the beats on this album. He and I are going to be working on some new shit soon.
15. The last song that I wrote (on a plane) for the album was A Time To Kill, which turned out to be the first one I recorded after arriving at Chop Shop.
16. I have some tracks that didn’t make the record, that will still see the light of day.
17. This album covers a wide range of sounds, topics, and approaches.
18. The entire album was mixed, and mastered by Stress The White Boy in a very cool time frame.
19. The pieces to this puzzle were literally being placed until Due Date. It was a crazy ride.
20. The video for BARbarians was shot in Brooklyn, NY. I flew from Kansas, the director and Born Unique came from VA, Godilla let me stay with him and drove from Easton and UG met us there.
21. I obsess over my music and listen over and over again, picking it apart. I’m my own worst critic for sure.
22. This album has 1 interlude, that was actually a sample in the beginning of the Sick N Tired track. I was however advised to make it a separate interlude, by my little brother. It was a genius recommendation.
23. I’ve booked several gigs and tours through Facebook.
24. I had to let some beats and concepts I had go, in order to make a more cohesive album.
25. I went through some very real life during the making if this record, and it will definitely translate to the listener.
PURCHASE | Final Fantasy VII
One of my personal favourite ever RPG’s is Final Fantasy VII, and the prospect of a remake has been on the lips of like-minded fans for years. LetsGamerTalk have announced the news after Yoshinori Kitase (producer of FF7) spoke to Eurogamer, and gave the explanations of why the game hasn’t been remade already, and the obstacles that currently stand in the way. Final Fantasy VII is still available to buy from the Amazon link listed above. However, you can watch the Final Fantasy VII Remake Update on the video player below.
DOWNLOAD | Afroman – Marijuana Music
We are delighted to share the brand new track from Afroman titled “Selling Yayo”. Following the release of Afroman’s 2013 album “Marijuana Music”, Selling Yayo is the first of two tracks which we will be releasing over the course of the week. Afroman’s famous single “Cos I Got High” is still regarded as a classic and Afroman has the task of living up to the hype with the forthcoming music he releases in 2014. Make sure you subscribe to the official HHK YouTube Channel and check the Afroman Facebook Group (both links above) for the latest Afroman music. You can listen to Afroman – Selling Yayo on the YouTube player below.
DOWNLOAD | Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Arguably one of the most anticipated adverts during the 48th annual SuperBowl was the new Transformers: Age of Extinction movie. The Michael Bay-directed movie is the fourth in the series, and has a release date of 27th June 2014. Mark Wahlberg makes his debut in the world of Transformers alongside Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz. Fans of Transformers are excited to see the autobots battle against the decepticons once again following the 2011 “Dark of the Moon”. You can watch the Transformers Age of Extinction Trailer on the YouTube player below.
Mixed opinions are flaring on the Internet to the news that DMX is the celebrity which will be boxing George Zimmerman (NOT CONFIRMED). It’s a difficult sentence to write considering the circumstances of how Zimmerman has “rose to fame” following the shooting of the late Trayvon Martin. Although I’m sure I don’t stand alone in wanting to see DMX, as he quoted “beat the living f@#k out of him”, questions are being raised as to the morality of this event and why Zimmerman is receiving such attention (never mind being out of jail). A report from DMX’s publicist “Domenick Nati” was quoted saying “The boxing match between George Zimmerman and DMX is not officially confirmed. DMX has promised to ‘beat his ass’, but no contract or paperwork has been signed or agreed to yet. DMX will release an official statement if and when an agreement is made.” If the boxing match does go ahead, “fans” will be able to purchase as a PPV option.
DOWNLOAD | Imperial and Kinetik – Pencils not Pistols
I am delighted to exclusively present the brand new video from Imperial and Kinetik for the single “Go Hard”. As HHK fans are aware, Imperial and Kinetik released their collaborative project “Pencils not Pistols” last year which is still available to download from the link above. Go Hard is one of the singles and with the help of Tone Richardson, quickly became a fan favourite. Credits go to Agnes & Lupus and edits by Nitevisions for the video which is presented through Illect Records’ official YouTube page. You can watch Imperial and Kinetik – Go Hard ft Tone Richardson on the YouTube player below.
PRE-ORDER | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
PREVIOUS | Matt Maddox ft Tragedy Khadafi – Street Art
As we continue to prepare for the release of Matt Maddox’s upcoming album “Righteous Fury”, HHK are proud to premier the single King Killer, along with an exclusive interview from Matt Maddox himself. We’ve already heard BARbarian, No Country for Old Men and Street Art which featured Tragedy Khadafi, King Killer is the fourth official leak from the project which will be available to download from the 25th February 2014. King Killer has production credits from the Snowgoons (Sicknature), and other producers on the album include C Lane and Vanderslice among others. You can read the exclusive Matt Maddox interview with HHK, and listen to Matt Maddox – King Killer below.
HHK: Thank you for your time Matt. The fans need no introduction but we would like to know your thoughts about how “Righteous Fury” has turned out, and what fans can expect to hear from the album.
MM: The record turned out great! I had a lot more time to work on this record, and delve deeper so to speak. I also had a larger group of talent to reach out to with the producers and emcees featured on it. It’s much more full, and complete sounding. To the listeners, I would expect a lot more of ME. I feel this really should’ve been my first LP, it’s more personal and expressive.
HHK: You’ve chosen to collaborate with some great Hip-Hop artists including Tragedy Khadafi, Skyzoo, Adlib, Reef the Lost Cauze and King Magnetic among others. How did you select who you chose to work with? And were there any collaborations which didn’t make the final cut?
MM: Yo all the artists featured on this album are doing so out of mutual respect for each others craft. I chose the people who I personally rep, ride for, and ALSO have the bonus to listen to. There’s a few that didn’t make the cut but only due to time constraints. Def got some wild shit in the vaults.
HHK: Production comes from a range of different people including C Lance, Vanderslice and Sultan Mir. How easy did you find keeping the vibe of the album consistent while working with different producers for the project?
MM: This record I had a vision already of how I wanted it to go down. Asylum Artistry my last record was kind of a plethora of songs put onto a record and called an album (admittedly by me). I had a lot going on at the time and literally HAD to put SOMETHING out. Life’s ill. So The production was what I was looking for LITERALLY. I knew what I needed and who would deliver for that concept.
HHK: What is your personal favourite track from Righteous Fury?
MM: I like the whole album I can’t front. I think I took it a lot of different directions and it’s hard as fuck to choose.. but in all honesty.. If I had to pick 5 I’d say ..Sick N Tired, Reality’s a Bitch, BARbarians, Olympus has Fallen, and King Killer.
HHK: Promoting an album is incredibly different to ten, or even five years ago. As an artist with longevity how are you promoting the album differently? And how has the Internet benefited your promotional campaign?
MM: That’s exactly how! I’m letting the internet benefit my promotional campaign. There has always been in-stores, touring, benefit shows and so on, but this day in age it’s different. The listener is even a different person now. We HAVE TO, as artists, utilize the web in order to attain an even adequate audience. It straight necessary and needed 100%, especially as independent artists.
HHK: Can we expect to see a European/UK tour following the release of Righteous Fury? And would you collaborate with any UK rappers/producers?
MM: There is definitely a Euro/UK tour coming in 2014. Exact dates are being worked on and will be released in the near future. I rep DEAD RABBITS, and I got two of my DR brothers here in the UK. My brother and dj TMB, and my brother and Emcee/producer Edd Bundy. I also have my brother Black Pope who’s held me down since jump, & Billy WhizZ. Iron Braydz was gonna be on track w Bundy but had difficulty locating the verse in mixing. I’m a dick for that, my fault. So yes I have and I will continue to work with UK talents.
HHK: Where can fans download the album? And are there any final shoutout’s you like to make?
MM: it will be available worldwide, all major digital outlets, and physicals in stores as well. HMV etc.. Shout out to my brotha Matt Charette and Redphone Records. Shout out Tony Bucher and Seven 13 Music. Shout out Dead Rabbits and all my family out there. Shout out to BAXWAR. Shout out to ILL-ROC and Danny Diablo. Conspiracy Worldwide Radio I see y’all. Peace
HHK: Thank you for speaking with Hip-Hop Kings. We really like Righteous Fury and good luck with the rest of the campaign.
Thanks for having me.
EXCLUSIVE | Standards of Living – Amateur Hour [S1.Ep1]
The guys over at watchmojo.com have created a “Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2014″ list which is pretty much agree with. The top 10 includes upcoming movies from Marvel and DC, along with some expected sequels and follow-ups which are bound to create excitement throughout the course of their individual promotion campaigns. HHK recently announced that Marvel will be releasing Iron Fist: The Living Weapon which will be an ongoing series also available in physical comic book format. Furthermore, we took a look at Marvel vs DC and which company would prove to be the victor in 2014. You can watch the “Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2014″ on the YouTube player below.
RELATED | DC vs Marvel (Who Will be Victorious)
Danny Rand aka The Iron First is the character who’ll be taking centre stage as Marvel announce a brand new ongoing series titled “The Living Weapon”. Written by Kaare Andrews (Spiderman: Reign A+X), Danny Rand once again will channel the power of the ancient dragon Shou-Lao as the fist of vengence strikes again. Iron Fist: The Living Weapon will also include a code for a free digital copy of the same comic on the Marvel Comics app on the iOS and Android devices, but the physical comic hits shops this April. Take a look at some pictures below.
PURCHASE | 50 Years of WWE
In a news conference today, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon announced the launch of the WWE Network. Here are some key points which WWE promise to be the most innovative network in history. From February 24th 2014 the WWE Network will be available to fans after Monday Night RAW. The first PPV to be showcased on the WWE Network will be Wrestlemania 30.
– WWE Network will be the first network to launch with a 24/7 service
– On demand library from any device
– Scheduled programming
– Live content
– Second Screen Experience
– All 12 Live WWE PPV events will be available at no additional charge (including Wrestlemania)
– Future live daily studio shows
– Post and Pre Shows of RAW and Smackdown
– Resolution of 720p
– Launching WWE Network worldwide late 2014/early 2015.
The cost of the WWE Network will be $9.99 per month. The cost of the 12 PPV’s per year is currently $675 which WWE have identified as already being value for money for WWE fans.
Stephanie McMahon has also announced “Legends House”. Eight WWE legends including Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and The Fink are all featured.
Wrestlemania Rewind is the second new series which features content dating back 30 years to Wrestlemania 1.
WWE Countdown gives fans the option of voting and ranking a series of subjects including best catchphrase, entrance music, finishing move and favourite turns.
Triple H and Shawn Michaels were introduced to discuss the Monday Night War (WWF vs WCW) which is also featured on the “50 Years of WWE” which can be purchased on the link above.
A bunch of other things happened afterwards including John Cena and Stone Cold making an appearance along with some WWE Suits. Check out some exclusive photo’s from the conference.