Tag: high focus
We previously saw Eskar create a world record for the largest posse cut. High Focus presents Leaf Dog The Legacy which features 20 other MC’s.
In anticipation of the long awaited ‘Dyslexic Disciple’ album, Leaf Dog The Legacy is a mega posse cut featuring Phi Life Cypher, Smellington Piff, BVA, Cracker Jon, Jehst, Jack Jetson, Dirty Dike, Verb T, Sonnyjim, Mysdiggi, Klashnekoff, Fliptrix, Bill Shakes, Eric The Red, King Kashmere, Remus, Task Force and DJ Sammy B-Side. Leaf Dog has of course produced the track.
PURCHASE – The Legacy Vinyl (Limited to 300 copies)
There will be a 12″ vinyl available of The Legacy (limited to 300 copies) so please make sure you purchase one from the link listed above. You can watch Leaf Dog – The Legacy (20 Man Cypher) on the YouTube player below.
With a double announcement of a new album and video, here is Jam Baxter Dumb, which also features Trellion and Lee Scott.
The Jam Baxter Dumb single is taken from the forthcoming album “Mansion 38”, which is the follow-up to the “.. So We Ate Them Whole” LP which he dropped in 2014 via High Focus Records. Dumb has of course come with a new video, on the HF YouTube channel, which has been produced by Chemo, and video credits going to Vikki Digby-Johns & Lee Scott. In usual High Focus fashion we expect a flurry of videos and other great promotional pieces before Mansion 38 drops later this year, and we’ll be sharing the artwork and track listing when it reaches our inbox.
You can watch Jam Baxter – Dumb ft Trellion and Lee Scott on the YouTube player below.
We’re very excited for the release of Dabbla’s upcoming album “Year of the Monkey” which will be available to download from the 9th September 2016. We are here to share another video from HF TV Presents Dabbla Exclusive Bars Pt 2.
As the UKHH world is aware, Dabbla is the recent High Focus Records signing and Year of the Monkey will be the first album from the Problem Child member on the label. Dabbla recently provided 25 facts about Year of the Monkey to Hip-Hop Kings an exclusive article, Dabbla touches on the guest features, and the meanings and designs behind each track. The post also includes the different pre-order options, as Year of the Monkey is available on vinyl, CD and digital from iTunes.
I’ve posted the official tracklisting and artwork for Dabbla Year of the Monkey below, and you can also watch the new video from HF TV Presents Dabbla Exclusive Bars Pt 2 here
Year of the Monkey – Dabbla (iTunes download link)
6 That There
8 Penis for the Day (feat. Dubbledge & Dirty Dike)
10 Spin (feat. Cobes)
11 Get It (feat. Ocean Wisdom)
12 Psychoville (feat. Graziella)
13 Vomit (feat. Jam Baxter)
14 Super Happy
16 Bad Continuity
17 Life Line
High Focus artist and Problem Child member Dabbla, has released his new album “Year of the Monkey” Here is Dabbla Year of the Monkey 25 Facts.
1. According to the Chinese zodiac and Chinese Five Element Theory, each year is associated with one of five elements (Gold, Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth) as well as an animal. This means that there are five types of Monkey year, and Monkey years of each element come once in a 60-year cycle with their own characteristics. 2016 is a Fire Monkey year, which will not be seen again until 2076.
2. ‘Psychoville’ was recorded in a house bang in the midst of the 2011 tottenham & Enfield riots with an Audi A3 burning outside at the end of the road throughout the night.
3. The guy playing pool in the ‘Get It feat: Ocean Wisdom’ video is three-time European Pool Champion and trick-shot master Rico Diks.
4. Not one song on the album was written or recorded on a Tuesday.
5. A Monkey year begins on Chinese New Year’s Day and ends on the last day before the following Chinese New Year (2017 will be a Rooster year). However, the Chinese New Year is based on the lunar calendar rather than the Gregorian calendar. Therefore, the starting dates of each Monkey year are different.
6. ‘Cheers’ was the first Ghosttown beat I ever recorded on, the baseline momentarily reminded me of the jungle classic Super Sharp Shooter.
7. Randeer doesn’t have a UK passport, he also doesn’t have underwear on most of the time.
8. The colour scheme for the album artwork was modeled on Aesop Rock’s ‘Skelethon’.
9.YOTM survived 2 macbook pro’s and a PC desk top computer.
10. The album was going to be called ‘Something Else’ before it was going to be called ‘Smell My Chi’ before it was finally named ‘Year Of The Monkey’
11. This is Dabbla’s first solo album and at the same time, sixth official LP he’s appeared on.
11. This is Dabbla’s first solo album and at the same time, tenth official LP he’s appeared on.
12. Y.O.T.M has the numeric value of 3 which is strong in the realms of numerical values.
13. Almost every family in China will put up New Year decorations before New Year’s Day comes. In a year of the Monkey, decorations featuring monkeys can be seen everywhere, including households, shopping malls, parks, and streets. Decorations are generally in the form of paper cuttings, New Year paintings, couplets, etc.
14. It took approximately 2 years for baxter to write his verse for ‘Vomit’ after insisting he was better suited to a slower bpm. In the end he wrote it in 20 minutes in Bangkok off his face.
15 A year of the Monkey is believed to be an unlucky year for people whose birth sign is the Monkey. According to Chinese astrology, in their Zodiac year people are believed to offend Tai Sui, the God of Age, bringing nothing but bad luck.With this in mind, according to folklore, those born in a year of the Monkey should be more careful in Zodiac year 2016. This includes taking caution across a range of aspects, including fortune, career health, and love.
16. Sumgii mixed and mastered 70% of the album with one hand in a bucket of Adobo Chicken.
17. The song ‘Butterfly’ is almost twelve years old.
18. Approximately 7.665 kilos of marijuana was consumed during the making of this production
19. ‘Incomparable’ was recorded in one take at SMB studios and Pete Cannon pressed the record button.
20. ‘That There’ was the last track to be added to the playlist and was spot-written in 6 hours.
21. The vocal for ‘Life Line’ sat on eight different instrumentals until Chemo nailed it.
22. The lyrics for ‘Get It’ were originally written to the instrumental for ‘Stupid.
23. Pterodactyl’ was sped up by 4 BPM after it was recorded because Ghosttown forgets to speed up his Instrumentals by 4 BPM after he writes them.
24. The cuts from frosty would be the first time he’s ever appeared on vinyl.
25. Pterodactyl is my favourite track on the album which doesn’t feature another rapper.
Make sure you download Dabbla Year of the Monkey from the links listed above. You can also check out a day in the life of Dabbla on the YouTube player below.
If you’re around London on Friday make sure you had to the Electric Ballroom for the High Focus Records Summer Party Event. The night will also serve as the official launch party to Edward Scissortongue and Lamplighter’s new album “Tell Them It’s Winter”.
The lads at High Focus have arranged a huge line-up for UKHH fans, including familiar names such as Chester P, Jam Baxter, Ramson Badbonez, Fliptrix, Verb T, Leaf Dog, BVA, Dabbla, Lee Scott, Chillman, Moreone and many more. There’s also the Boom Bap Festival room which will have Pete Cannon and DJ Lok performing, with a BBQ, live graffiti and a merchandise stall as well. Tickets are on sale on the High Focus website, and will be more expensive on the door so make sure you grab yours now. The High Focus Records Summer Party Event is one which will be talked about for years.
As mentioned above, the party also co-incides with the release of Edward Scissortongue and Lamplighter’s new album “Tell Them It’s Winter” album. The album is available to download now from iTunes and I’ve also posted the official track listing below.
1 Grandzeen (feat. Noma)
4 The Dust Don’t Lay
5 Any Infrastructure
7 Light Round Here
10 Many Made One
PRE-ORDER | Ocean Wisdom – Chaos 93
The UK Hip-Hop world are now very well aware that Ocean Wisdom will be releasing his upcoming album “Chaos 93” on the 22nd of February 2016. We have a brand new video from the High Focus artist titled “High Street”. In typical High Focus Records fashion, the video is gaining traction and is being shared, supported and liked by the Ocean / High Focus fanase. Dirty Dike has produced High Street (as he has with the rest of Chaos93) and video credits go to Aboveground who have done an excellent job on the visuals.
Chaos93 will be Ocean Wisdom’s debut album and feature an exciting list of guest appearances including Lunar C, Klashnekoff, Foreign Beggars, Edward Scissortongue, Jam Baxter, The Four Owls and Remus. As mentioned above, Dirty Dike has exclusively handled production for the album, and it was Dirty Dike who was responsible for the single “Walkin” which starts the album off as track 1 on Chaos 93. Fans can pre-order the album by clicking on the iTunes link listed above, and also viewing the official artwork and track listing here. We’ve also seen an official video for “One Take” which was posted toward the end of January.
You can watch the official video for Ocean Wisdom – High Street on the YouTube player below.
2.Splittin’ The Racket
3.Snakes & Blaggers
5.Gone Feat. Lunar C
6.Devilish Feat. Klashnekoff
7.Doolally Feat. Foreign Beggars
8.Freeze Feat. Dirty Dike & Edward Scissortongue
10.O Kiddi K Feat. Remus
14. 4U Feat. Jam Baxter
15. Real Smooth Feat. The Four Owls
16. W. A. Y. D.
PRE-ORDER | Ocean Wisdom – Chaos 93
Earlier this month we announced that High Focus artist “Ocean Wisdom” will be releasing his new album “Chaos 93”. We have the first official single from the album titled “One Take” with an official video which has been uploaded to the official High Focus YouTube page. Ocean Wisdom displays some typically quick lyricism, and production credits come from labelmate Dirty Dike (who was also responsible for producing the flagship single “Walkin”). Hip-Hop Kings posted the official artwork and tracklisting which will get fans of UKHH very excited, and presents one of the greatest album line-up’s of recent times. You can watch the official video for Ocean Wisdom – One Take on the YouTube player below.
PRE-ORDER / DOWNLOAD | Dirty Dike – Sucking on Prawns in the Moonlight
As we prepare for the release of Dirty Dike’s upcoming album “Sucking on Prawns in the Moonlight”, I wanted to share the new video for the single “Isleham Swamp”. Video credits go toJoe Corfield, and the High Focus Records artist has had massive support as the video has been shared over the past few days. Fans cn pre-order Sucking on Prawns in the Moonlight on the link listed above, and you can watch the official video for Isleham Swamp on the YouTube player below.
Here are 25 exclusive facts about the Verb T and Illinformed album “The Man with the Foggy Eyes”. Make sure you download the album using the iTunes link listed above.
1. Suga Free Inspired the album.
2. The album was made at the same time as my producer album The Mould Tape, Siou Escallon did the art work for both.
3. Leaf dog drew a album cover for it that we rejected, and he spelt the name wrong.
4. The beat for Forgivness is from my first beat tape Weed Money.
5. The album took 2 years to make.
6. All beats were made in my bed room, and the bars were recorded at Chemo’s.
7. The title track was recorded on a different beat originally.
8. Most of the album is made out of old jazz and blues records.
9. We have a ‘part 2’ of the album which was recorded in the same time period coming soon!
10. It was made the same time as Natural Order by The Four Owls.
1. The films ‘king of comedy’ and ‘taxi driver’ influenced me a lot in the making of this album.
2.I wrote lyrics on trians, planes, tour buses and in hotel rooms but the best working space was on my living room floor in the early AM that’s when I had the best ideas.
3. Dirty Dike was meant to be on the album but had a heavy session the night b4 and didn’t make it to the lab. No grudges were held at any time.
4. I recorded more songs for this album than I have on any other album, it was hard to cut the track list down.
5. I am producing albums for both Moreone and Chillman who feature on this album.
6. The cover was inspired by an old movie poster for a movie called the skull, the end result looks very different though.
7. Madlean is the tallest guest on the album, closely followed by fliptrix.
8. The second verse on say it again is a reworking of the first verse from my song where you find me, it’s kind of a self parody too, that’s probably very self indulgent.
9. Some of this album was recorded in the summer and the booth was crazy hot and sweaty, I nearly fainted on one take, I didn’t though, actually I’m not sure how close I was to fainting but I blacked out for like 2 seconds.
10. I recorded most of the bars with my shoes off and my eyes closed.
11. There was a place nearby that does really good stewed chicken with rice and peas for £1.99 that helped me through a few of the longer studio sessions, other times I was bad a bought greasy chicken wings.
12. I ate an average of 2 apples per session.
13. Chemo has subtle backing vocals on about 3 or 4 songs, between that and reading the Crystal Palace fan forums non stop he was very active. Also he did kinda mix and master it all I guess.
14. The video for first stone by above ground consists of footage mixed with thousands of photos it was easy to film, but not to edit I’m sure.
15. I was going to do a joke country version of the album but realised that was incredibly long so I just did one skit at the very end.
The UK Hip-Hop world was introduced to Ocean Wisdom with his video “Walkin” which was produced by Dirty Dike. The quick-fire lyricist is back, once again with Dirty Dike, presenting the visuals to his single “Splittin The Racket”. With Dirty Dike production, fans highly anticipated the new single, which also comes along with news about Ocean Wisdom’s debut High Focus album “Chaos 93” which will be available later in 2015. You can watch the brand new video from Ocean Wisdom – Splittin The Racket on the YouTube player below.