Tag: joe snow
TICKETS | Method Man and Redman Live in Leeds
EXCLUSIVE | 25 Facts About Joe Snow – Sense Outer Madness
PREVIOUS | Tha Office vs Defenders of Style Cypher
On Sunday the 21st of December, the city of Leeds will be given a perfect pre-Christmas gift in the form of Method Man and Redman, who will be performing at the o2 Academy. There are still limited tickets available which can be purchased from the link listed above, and local artists and HHK featured artists Tha Office and Defenders of Style will be the supporting acts. Make sure you check out Tha Office and Defenders of Style HHK exclusives on the links listed above, and look out for HHK at the event (we accept drinks, food, merchandise and £10.00 notes). You can also watch Tha Office exclusive freestyle with HHK below.
PRE-ORDER | Joe Snow – Sense Outer Madness
West Yorkshire Hip-Hop artist and Defenders of Style member Joe Snow gives Hip-Hop Kings his 25 facts about the upcoming album “Sense Outer Madness”. Joe Snow’s Sense Outer Madness will be available from the 2nd of December from the download link above.
1. JOE SNOW are actually my initials. After mi mother never fully got over the freedom of the 60’s she named me after every possible father – Joe, Oliver, Elliot, Stephen, Neville, Owen and good old Winston who use to pop round every other Sunday to buy nock off baccy with his 3 legged dog Clyde.
2. Some of the verses from the album ‘Sense Outer Madness’ where nearly released 5 years ago on what was going to be my debut solo album. Thank god they weren’t cos the amount of horse tranquilizers I was consuming at that point made me think the title ‘Life In Poetry’ was a good name.
3. Defenders Of Style have a handful of DJ’s on call cos our Original DJ Sirplus keeps running off with the circus.
4. Defenders have a lot of the good Support slots in Leeds, from Master Ace to Immortal Technique and on the 21st of Dec we’ll be supporting Method Man and Redman alongside the Tha Office. Whilst I like to pretend its because of talent its probably more cos I give a cracking foot massage and the promoter T.Green has some proper horrid toes.
5. I once went traveling for a few months. Whilst I was away one of mi house mates brought a random lass back from town. Too drunk to perform he passed out so the lass belled some next random geeza to come round to my yard. My other house mate heard people in my room and knowing I was away he went in to find two random people fucking in my bed. They didn’t tell me till me this till 2 years later.
That has fuck all to do with music like, but still……..
6.The track ‘Thats Life’ from the album ‘Sense Outer Madness’ features the singer Cleve Freckleton. Cleve has been making music for decades and is also the father to one of the U.Ks best battle rappers.
7. On the subject of singers, the other singer on the album is Maddie Barber aka Baddy Marber aka EM BIZZLE, She’s referred to in the industry as what is know as a garage sensation.
8. I did a show with one of the U.K’s biggest producer/rappers and he told us Busta Rhymes is actually a homosexual, not sure if I’m avin that en tho.
9. The name for the DS album ‘Dolce Stil Novo’ means ‘Sweet New Style’ in Italian and was the name of a literary movement in the 13th century, To this date no one in Defenders as been known to pronounce it correctly.
10. I have a pal that used to be able to blow smoke out his ear, True Story!!
11. Almost every track recorded for ‘Tha Office vs DS’ mixtape was wrote, written and recorded in Alan Macks house just off Town Street cho. It was easily the most fun I’ve had writing an album. We’d turn up mid day and start drinking hard liquor whilst working on the beat and writing the bars at the same time. For live shows I had to learn every one of my bars again cos I was that pissed when it was recorded it was like someone else had wrote em.
12. The sofa from the video ‘Fish In A Barrel’ was left at the top of the Cow and Calf rocks after filming, it is now used by a homeless dude that claims he is the inventor of the Spork (A spoon shaped fork with a jagged edge for cutting)
13. Sonar Cousin who produced a lot of the ‘Sense Outer Madness’ album got his name off his uncle Sonar who was a B-Boying champion out in South Africa, he was originally going to be called Sonar’s Nephew but Sonar Cousin had more of a ring to it.
14. If you put Lego and Matter in a room together and say a 4 syllable sentence they will then carry on rhyming multis to each other till you feel like killing yoursen. This was proved to be true back in 1963 when a poor monk asked matter to buy him a “Packet of crisps.”
15. Defenders Of Style when abbreviated is D.S NOT D.O.S!!!!!
16. DJ Sirplus once needed a piss on in the middle of a show, so in front of a couple hundred people he whipped his wanger out and pissed in a pint glass. No one noticed!
17. 419 is a code for DS that is so technical I don’t even fully understand it mi sen.
18. I have more hair on my toes than i do on my face.
19. ‘Heroine’ From the album ‘Sense Outer Madness’ is a track comparing the emotions of a relationship to that of a Drug Addiction. Its based on my experiences in a few different relationships all muddled into one, however the Jackie Chan line is specific to one ex where I had to climb out the window and down a drain pipe. she then silently ran up on us and unleashing a Muay Thai fly kick, I was more impressed than mad.
20. After years of getting far too high I don’t actually smoke weed anymore. I still wanted to make a track for my listeners to sit down and get blazed to tho that’s why Mr Nice is on the album. (I had to put this fact in cos mi pal Lang gives us shit about it all’t time)
21. I have a mate that once got so goosed he shat in a bin!
22. In high school Defenders Of Style was originally Sick Syllables (we were only young) when we clocked the logo was SS and decided to change it to DS pretty quickly.
23. Louis Le Prince was the first guy to film some sh*t and he filmed it in Roundhay Park! Also Erasmus Darwin (darwins grandad) clocked onto evolution way before his kids lil nipper and he got all his ideas off a guy called David Hartley who like Alan Mack lived just off Town Street in Armley. LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!!!
24. Lego is Shit at FIFA
25. The next DS album is gunna be out sometime in 2015 on www.defendersofstyle.bandcamp.com its guna easy be our best work to date but till then go get yoursen a copy of Sense Outer Madness from the same site!
PREVIOUS | Defenders of Style vs Tha Office Cypher
RELATED | Tha Office BDL Cypher
News has surfaced that after four successful album releases with his crew Defenders of Style, West Yorkshire based artist Joe Snow has released the video for the single “Frank White” which is the first single taken from Joe Snow’s forthcoming album “Sense Outer Madness”. Joe Snow has announced that his upcoming album will be available to purchase from 1st September 2014, so we expect a lengthy and aggressive promotional campaign which will include plenty of live dates and festival appearances with the Defenders of Style. Look out for more coming soon. However, you can watch Joe Snow – Frank White on the YouTube player below.
Firts (aka Mr 13) Interview | http://bit.ly/Avkzmx
Joe Snow Interview | http://bit.ly/zZrunT
Here is another great battle from the recent Dont Flop event (TTTT – To The Test 10) which was held in Leeds between Joe Snow and Firts (aka Mr 13). Both artists made their debut in 2011, and this was their first official debut battle. Both Joe Snow and Firts (aka Mr 13) have had interviews with Hip-Hop Kings to discuss their music plans, and their future in Don’t Flop. Check out the official DONT FLOP YOUTUBE page for the other TTTT videos, however you can watch Dont Flop – Joe Snow vs Firts (aka Mr 13) on the youtube player below.
As the West Yorkshire Hip-Hop scene continues to grow, the WYcypher is at the forefront of the movement with a weekly cypher featuring the best West Yorkshire artists. Episode 4 is the latest release from Sinoptic Studios and we have the artist lineup and track listing featured below. Credits go to Paul Cockcroft (@PaulCockcroft) for filming, and ExP (@ExP_Sinoptic) for editing, and Lee Holland (@LeeHolland1988) for the WYCypher 3D intro. You can watch the new WYCypher Episode 4 on the video player below.
0:00 — 0:38 – Flame Griller – Where We Live album out May ’12
0:38 — 0:57 – Official Fox Intro visuals by LeeHolland1988
1:03 — 1:13 – SoSincere on Kev Brown – Work in Progress
3:21 — 4:30 – PTRM on The Neptunes – Drop it like it’s Hot
4:30 — 6:46 – Jack Flash on DJ Premier – Crooklyn Dodgers
6:46 — 7:24 – Jack Flash on Godfather Don – Where I’m Coming From
7:24 — 8:25 – The Phantom on Addverse – Rocket and Cheese (yeah he makes the odd beat!)
8:25 — 10:01 – The Phantom on Common – The Questions
10:01 — 10:37 – Imranimal & The Phantom on Das EFX – Real Hip-Hop
10:37 — 14:30 – Imranimal on DJ Hellblazer – WYcypher instrumental (soundcloud.com/dj-hellblazer)
14:30 — 14:57 – ExPhantom on A Tribe Called Quest – Electric Relaxation
15:12 — 16:55 – Angry Nik & Matter on Kev Brown – Say Sumthin
16:55 — 21:00 – Lego & Speesixnine & Matter on Kool G Rap – Real N***a
21:00 — 24:24 – Chief Wigs & PTRM on Common – The Game
24:36 — 25:44 – Lunar C on Cypria – Elevator (soundcloud.com/cypria)
25:44 — 26:07 – SoSincere on BlackStar – Thieves in the Night
26:07 — 26:23 – SoSincere on Slum Village – Tainted
26:23 — 27:31 – SoSincere and Matter on J Dilla – Struggling
27:38 — 28:37 – ExP on 12OriginalBeats – Scanning (soundcloud.com/twelve_original_players)
28:37– 32:33 – Addverse & JND on Kev Brown – Something for Y’all
32:56 — 34:18 – Joe Snow on Wu-Tang – Triumph
34:18 — 36:01 – Synapz on Jurassic 5 – Jayou
36:14 — 38:13 – Jack Flash on Kev Brown – Can’t Stay Away
38:13 — 39:55 – Jack Flash on Common – Thelonious
39:55 — 43:08 – JND on Nas – The World is Yours
Throughout the course of 2010, a number of West Yorkshire (#WY) MC’s and figureheads have been meeting at Sinoptic Studio’s on a weekly basis for a genuine freestyle session which usually includes various topics of discussion. Just before Christmas we have the latest WYCypher Schtick (number six) which is of course Christmas themed. Credits as always go to Paul Cockcroft and ExP for the editing. Check out the likes of Lego, Matter, ExP, Chief Wigz, Joe Snow and Addverse giving their thoughts on Christmas whilst freestyling. You can watch the previous WYCypher sessions on the OFFICIAL YOUTUBE PAGE, however you can watch the brand new WYCypher – WYtChristmas special with an exclusive intro from @LeeHolland1988 on the video player below.