Tag: matt maddox
DOWNLOAD | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
PREVIOUS | 25 Facts About Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
Following the release of Matt Maddox’s album “Righteous Fury”, I wanted to share one of the singles from the project titled “Spider Man”. Matt Maddox teams up with Adlib and Reef The Lost Cauze for Spider Man, which has been produced by Man Bites Dog Records producer Vanderslice. Fans can download Matt Maddox’s album “Righteous Fury” from the link listed above, and also read the Hip-Hop Kings exclusive “25 Facts You Didn’t Know About Righteous Fury”. You can also listen to Matt Maddox ft Adlib and Reef The Lost Cauze – Spider Man below.
DOWNLOAD | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
As we approach the release of Matt Maddox’s new album “Righteous Fury”, here are 25 Facts about the project that fans might not be aware of. Please support the release by pre-ordering from the Amazon link listed above.
1. RF was recorded in two very different locations. A) My bedroom. B) Chop Shop Studios, PA. (S/O STWB)
2. RF was originally planned to be a double cd release, with about 28 tracks.
3. RF artwork was planned on intricately for years, with an old death metal type influence for the basis.
4. I was mostly inspired by anger and discontent with my current situation.
5. It’d sometimes take up to a few weeks to complete a song.
6. I try to use a single DJ for all the cuts on all of my albums so far.
7. I don’t usually listen to outside music (music other than what I’m working on) very much during the process of making an album.
8. I had to work on toning down my aggressive approach.
9. This record is my most personal work.
10. Some of these tracks have been written for over a year before seeing the studio
11. I suffered a burst appendix while in the UK last tour and still continued the tour without medical attention (for 4 months). All during the course of constructing RF.
12. I’ve actually toured Europe/UK three times during the making of RF. Spain, Las Palmas, France, Italy, Rotterdam, UK.
13. I got a tattoo (my microphone), at the venue, just before my set in Quakertown, once.
14. Producer Skammadix has the majority of the beats on this album. He and I are going to be working on some new shit soon.
15. The last song that I wrote (on a plane) for the album was A Time To Kill, which turned out to be the first one I recorded after arriving at Chop Shop.
16. I have some tracks that didn’t make the record, that will still see the light of day.
17. This album covers a wide range of sounds, topics, and approaches.
18. The entire album was mixed, and mastered by Stress The White Boy in a very cool time frame.
19. The pieces to this puzzle were literally being placed until Due Date. It was a crazy ride.
20. The video for BARbarians was shot in Brooklyn, NY. I flew from Kansas, the director and Born Unique came from VA, Godilla let me stay with him and drove from Easton and UG met us there.
21. I obsess over my music and listen over and over again, picking it apart. I’m my own worst critic for sure.
22. This album has 1 interlude, that was actually a sample in the beginning of the Sick N Tired track. I was however advised to make it a separate interlude, by my little brother. It was a genius recommendation.
23. I’ve booked several gigs and tours through Facebook.
24. I had to let some beats and concepts I had go, in order to make a more cohesive album.
25. I went through some very real life during the making if this record, and it will definitely translate to the listener.
PRE-ORDER | Matt Maddox – Righteous Fury
PREVIOUS | Matt Maddox ft Tragedy Khadafi – Street Art
As we continue to prepare for the release of Matt Maddox’s upcoming album “Righteous Fury”, HHK are proud to premier the single King Killer, along with an exclusive interview from Matt Maddox himself. We’ve already heard BARbarian, No Country for Old Men and Street Art which featured Tragedy Khadafi, King Killer is the fourth official leak from the project which will be available to download from the 25th February 2014. King Killer has production credits from the Snowgoons (Sicknature), and other producers on the album include C Lane and Vanderslice among others. You can read the exclusive Matt Maddox interview with HHK, and listen to Matt Maddox – King Killer below.
HHK: Thank you for your time Matt. The fans need no introduction but we would like to know your thoughts about how “Righteous Fury” has turned out, and what fans can expect to hear from the album.
MM: The record turned out great! I had a lot more time to work on this record, and delve deeper so to speak. I also had a larger group of talent to reach out to with the producers and emcees featured on it. It’s much more full, and complete sounding. To the listeners, I would expect a lot more of ME. I feel this really should’ve been my first LP, it’s more personal and expressive.
HHK: You’ve chosen to collaborate with some great Hip-Hop artists including Tragedy Khadafi, Skyzoo, Adlib, Reef the Lost Cauze and King Magnetic among others. How did you select who you chose to work with? And were there any collaborations which didn’t make the final cut?
MM: Yo all the artists featured on this album are doing so out of mutual respect for each others craft. I chose the people who I personally rep, ride for, and ALSO have the bonus to listen to. There’s a few that didn’t make the cut but only due to time constraints. Def got some wild shit in the vaults.
HHK: Production comes from a range of different people including C Lance, Vanderslice and Sultan Mir. How easy did you find keeping the vibe of the album consistent while working with different producers for the project?
MM: This record I had a vision already of how I wanted it to go down. Asylum Artistry my last record was kind of a plethora of songs put onto a record and called an album (admittedly by me). I had a lot going on at the time and literally HAD to put SOMETHING out. Life’s ill. So The production was what I was looking for LITERALLY. I knew what I needed and who would deliver for that concept.
HHK: What is your personal favourite track from Righteous Fury?
MM: I like the whole album I can’t front. I think I took it a lot of different directions and it’s hard as fuck to choose.. but in all honesty.. If I had to pick 5 I’d say ..Sick N Tired, Reality’s a Bitch, BARbarians, Olympus has Fallen, and King Killer.
HHK: Promoting an album is incredibly different to ten, or even five years ago. As an artist with longevity how are you promoting the album differently? And how has the Internet benefited your promotional campaign?
MM: That’s exactly how! I’m letting the internet benefit my promotional campaign. There has always been in-stores, touring, benefit shows and so on, but this day in age it’s different. The listener is even a different person now. We HAVE TO, as artists, utilize the web in order to attain an even adequate audience. It straight necessary and needed 100%, especially as independent artists.
HHK: Can we expect to see a European/UK tour following the release of Righteous Fury? And would you collaborate with any UK rappers/producers?
MM: There is definitely a Euro/UK tour coming in 2014. Exact dates are being worked on and will be released in the near future. I rep DEAD RABBITS, and I got two of my DR brothers here in the UK. My brother and dj TMB, and my brother and Emcee/producer Edd Bundy. I also have my brother Black Pope who’s held me down since jump, & Billy WhizZ. Iron Braydz was gonna be on track w Bundy but had difficulty locating the verse in mixing. I’m a dick for that, my fault. So yes I have and I will continue to work with UK talents.
HHK: Where can fans download the album? And are there any final shoutout’s you like to make?
MM: it will be available worldwide, all major digital outlets, and physicals in stores as well. HMV etc.. Shout out to my brotha Matt Charette and Redphone Records. Shout out Tony Bucher and Seven 13 Music. Shout out Dead Rabbits and all my family out there. Shout out to BAXWAR. Shout out to ILL-ROC and Danny Diablo. Conspiracy Worldwide Radio I see y’all. Peace
HHK: Thank you for speaking with Hip-Hop Kings. We really like Righteous Fury and good luck with the rest of the campaign.
Thanks for having me.
Following the recent news that Matt Maddox is set to release his album “Righteous Fury” on February 25th 2014, Matt Maddox has teamed up with Tragedy Khadafi for the single “Street Art”. Hip-Hop Kings have aleady presented the leaked tracks “BARbarians” and “No Country For Old Men” which you can listen to using the links listed above. Also watch out for a HHK exclusive with Matt Maddox coming very soon prior to the release of Righteous Fury. You can listen to Matt Maddox ft Tragedy Khadafi – Street Art below.
Redphone Records artist Matt Maddox releases the video for his single “No Country For Old Men” ahead of his forthcoming album “Righteous Fury”. Matt Maddox has been supported by HHK for years, and the previous track BARbarians which featured Godilla, UG and Born Unique was the first leak from the Righteous Fury album which will be available to donwload from the 25th February 2014. Look out for an exclusive Matt Maddox track and interview through HHK, and you can watch Matt Maddox – No Country For Old Men on the YouTube player below.
The Kansas-based rapper that HHKMag readers are familiar with AKA Matt Maddox has leaked the track “BARbarians” featuring Godilla, UG and Born Unique. The track is taken from the forthcoming album Righteous Fury which will be available from 25th February 2014 and feature the likes of Tragedy Khadafi, Stu Bangas, C-Lance, SickNature and King Magnetic among others. Look out for a UK and European Tour in 2014 in conjunction with the release of Righteous Fury. However, you can listen to Matt Maddox ft Godilla, UG and Born Unique – BARbarians on the YouTube player below.
Here is a world exclusive from Mr Montana and Menace at Conspiracy Worldwide Radio, from Matt Maddox and Canibus called “Scars and Stripes”. The track was produced by Ganjak, and is the leak from the upcoming album “Asylum Artistry” which will be released through Redphone Records. Guest appearances on the album include Canibus, Sadat X, Sabac Red and more. You can listen to Matt Maddox x Canibus – Scars and Stripes on the player below.