Tag: verb t
Chillman Abstract Patterns 25 Facts is the latest in the Hip-Hop Kings 25 facts series. Also contributions by High Focus and Four Owls member Verb T
1. Abstract Patterns was recorded at the legendary Kilimanjaro studios
2. The colours on the cover represent the Eritrean flag
3. Funk Dialect is essentially a Verbal Highz cypher + The man, the Ked that is Joe Publik
4. It was definitely inspired by someone’s nan
5. The first verse off “Royal with Cheese” was written whilst waiting for my chicken pitta meal at Herefords Go Peri and is the best chicken shop in town, the owner Tanveer loves me because I sort him the good weed
6. “Defeat Stress” was one of the last tracks written
7. Entra P who has the last feature verse on the album actually taught me English
8. I have a huge collection of the prank calls that were featured on “Funky Drifting” on my hard drive
9. I think “Hi Lo” was the first track written that made the album
10. The Defeat Stress EP features a remix off Leaf Dog as well as his brother Illinformed
11. The videos for “You are You” and “Defeat Stress” were shot in London and “Say” in Cardiff
12. The album was done over about 2 years
13. Weston’s is a lovely 8.2 % cider that you should probably try
14. I will definitely be working on another with Verbs in the future
15. Running out of facts so Verbs will take over
16. Album artwork was done by Sam Marsh who also did my ‘Medicated Dreams’ cover
17. I met Chillman at an open mic competition, Chillman missed his performance time, he was getting stoned in his mates car
18. I made most of the beats on the album specifically for this project, a couple of the beats were ones I had in the stash
19. It’s the first full album to drop on “In The Balance Records”
20. At the end of “Hilo” when we were recording, Lukas from Aboveground walked into the room and said “general selecta!” in range of the mic and everyone laughed, you can kind of hear right at the end of the song
21. We wrote and demo’d the album before recording it properly, the main bulk of the tunes were done over two days in April 2015
22. The song and the video for “You are You” were recorded in the same day, part of the video was filmed on a wet roof where I kept falling over and everyone laughed at me, luckily I didn’t fall off the roof
23. Leaf Dog was the fastest of all the features to get his verse recorded and sent back.
24. Chillman’s second album will be produced by me and a 2nd secret weapon beat maker who will amaze the world
25. The best life advice I ever received is … be as nice as you can without compromising your dignity and definitely try your best not to be a dick
DOWNLOAD | Turn Back – EP – Moreone
Toward the later stages of 2015, we posted More1’s latest single “Turn Back” which was produced by Verb T. Now UK super-producer Chemo has done an official remix for “Turn Back” which has been uploaded to Verb T’s “In The Balance Records'” official soundcloud page. The remix is typical of Chemo – putting his own unique spin to enhance a great track. Make sure you download More1’s “Turn Back E.P” from the link listed above, and you can listen to the brand new More1 – Turn Back (Chemo Remix) on the soundcloud player below.
Following the announcement of Verb T’s new record label “Balance Records”, the first video from the label is from More1 for the single “Turn Back”. Hip-Hop Kings will be familiar with More1 from his work in previous years with his brother Denziller and solo work (notably the mixtape Em Wun). Balance Records founder Verb T produced the track, and news also reaches us that More1 will be releasing his upcoming “Turn Back E.P” which will be available in December 2015. You can watch the official video for More1 – Turn Back on the YouTube player below.
Here are 25 exclusive facts about the Verb T and Illinformed album “The Man with the Foggy Eyes”. Make sure you download the album using the iTunes link listed above.
1. Suga Free Inspired the album.
2. The album was made at the same time as my producer album The Mould Tape, Siou Escallon did the art work for both.
3. Leaf dog drew a album cover for it that we rejected, and he spelt the name wrong.
4. The beat for Forgivness is from my first beat tape Weed Money.
5. The album took 2 years to make.
6. All beats were made in my bed room, and the bars were recorded at Chemo’s.
7. The title track was recorded on a different beat originally.
8. Most of the album is made out of old jazz and blues records.
9. We have a ‘part 2’ of the album which was recorded in the same time period coming soon!
10. It was made the same time as Natural Order by The Four Owls.
1. The films ‘king of comedy’ and ‘taxi driver’ influenced me a lot in the making of this album.
2.I wrote lyrics on trians, planes, tour buses and in hotel rooms but the best working space was on my living room floor in the early AM that’s when I had the best ideas.
3. Dirty Dike was meant to be on the album but had a heavy session the night b4 and didn’t make it to the lab. No grudges were held at any time.
4. I recorded more songs for this album than I have on any other album, it was hard to cut the track list down.
5. I am producing albums for both Moreone and Chillman who feature on this album.
6. The cover was inspired by an old movie poster for a movie called the skull, the end result looks very different though.
7. Madlean is the tallest guest on the album, closely followed by fliptrix.
8. The second verse on say it again is a reworking of the first verse from my song where you find me, it’s kind of a self parody too, that’s probably very self indulgent.
9. Some of this album was recorded in the summer and the booth was crazy hot and sweaty, I nearly fainted on one take, I didn’t though, actually I’m not sure how close I was to fainting but I blacked out for like 2 seconds.
10. I recorded most of the bars with my shoes off and my eyes closed.
11. There was a place nearby that does really good stewed chicken with rice and peas for £1.99 that helped me through a few of the longer studio sessions, other times I was bad a bought greasy chicken wings.
12. I ate an average of 2 apples per session.
13. Chemo has subtle backing vocals on about 3 or 4 songs, between that and reading the Crystal Palace fan forums non stop he was very active. Also he did kinda mix and master it all I guess.
14. The video for first stone by above ground consists of footage mixed with thousands of photos it was easy to film, but not to edit I’m sure.
15. I was going to do a joke country version of the album but realised that was incredibly long so I just did one skit at the very end.
PREVIOUS | Verb T & Illinformed – First Stone
TICKETS | High Focus Summer Party
Firstly I want to say a huge congratulations to High Focus Records for reaching 35 MILLION YouTube views. Let the celebrations commence as High Focus have confirmed an all day party on the 29th August 2015 at Brixton Jamm. Live acts will also include Verb T & Illinformed for the launch of their album “The Man With the Foggy Eyes”, along with Fliptrix, Leaf Dog, BVA, Jam Baxter, Edward Scissortongue, Ocean Wisdom, Lee Scott and more. You can view the ticket link above, along with the official flyer, along with the new video from Verb T & Illinformed – Vanity on the YouTube player below.
Following the news that Verb T and Illinformed have collaborated for an album titled “The Man with The Foggy Eyes” we have the video for the first single titled “First Stone”. Video credits go to Aboveground, and First Stone is the first of many promotional videos/singles we are expecting to hear from Verb T and Illinformed. Confirmed guest appearances on the new album include Leaf Dog, Fliptrix, Moreone, Smellington Piff, BVA, Jokerstarr and Micall Parknsun and will be released on the 24th of August 2015. You can watch the official video for Verb T and Illinformed – First Stone on the YouTube player below.
PRE-ORDER | Natural Order – The Four Owls
DOWNLOAD | Escape Music – The Mouse Outfit
Manchester based “The Mouse Outfit” have teamed up with The Four Owls member Verb T for a collaborative track titled “Credits Roll”. The official video has been uploaded to The Mouse Outfit’s official page with credits going to Pete Cannon and Pitch for the production and beat, along with Chini, Verb T, Defty and Pitch who filmed, edited and produced the video. Fans can pre-order the upcoming Four Owls album “Natural Order” from the iTunes link listed above, and also The Mouse Outfit’s “Escape Music” as well. You can watch The Mouse Outfit ft Verb T – Credits Roll on the YouTube player below.
PREVIOUS | Fliptrix – Polyhymnia
DOWNLOAD | Nature’s Greatest Mystery – The Four Owls
RELATED | Jam Baxter – …So We Ate Them Whole
Arguably the most talented and appreciated UK Hip-Hop crew “The Four Owls” have announced they’ll be dropping a brand new album early 2015 titled “Natural Order.” The likes of Leaf Dog, Fliptrix, Verb T and BVA have once again joined forces and will follow-up the album release with a five-city UK tour which includes Bristol, Nottingham, Brighton, Manchester and Leeds, from the 3rd to the 7th of February. The Four Owls have also announced (confirmed by HHK) that DJ Premier will be featuring on the new album, and I would encourage you to look out for more surprises ahead of the album drop. You can view the official tour flyer for The Four OWls – Natural Order tour here.
Boom Bap Festival Page | http://on.fb.me/JGw6J3
From the Boozetown Beach Bash event, Don’t Flop have uploaded the highly anticipated battle between Verb T and Joker Starr vs Tony D and Locksmyth. All four artists are very well respected within the league, and the battle lasts an incredible 25 minutes. Don’t Flop will be entertaining the Boom Bap Festival in September with a main stage over the weekend, and fans can check the lineup and the ticket link on the Facebook Page (link listed above). You can watch Dont Flop – Verb T and Joker Starr vs Tony D and Locksmyth on the youtube player below.
JollyJay and H-to-O | Scattered Colours on the Rubix Cube
During the last Don’t Flop event, Hip-Hop Kings caught up with German/London rapper JollyJay. Speaking about his battle with Verb T, his album “Scattered Colours on the Rubix Cube” and a cameo from his rap partner H-to-0. Check out JollyJay in the Dont Flop battles and his album review on Hip-Hop Kings (link above) and look out for some brand new solo material coming in the very near future. You can watch the JollyJay freestyle and interview with Hip-Hop Kings on the video player below.